By Sonny Nixon 1405280
#539579 I have been having this issues for a while as are some others in my division and I have tried literally everything but the map is still showing either a blank white page or staying on the previous page that I was on before clicking on the map.

So people know I have done the following:
- Uninstalled and reinstalled
- Downloaded new data and replace the files in %AppData%/VAT-Spy
- Ran as an Admin

I am not entirely sure what more I can do which is why I thought it's about time I ask the general membership, hopefully someone can help and thanks in advance!
By Sonny Nixon 1405280
Don Desfosse 1035677 wrote:Not really sure, and this is a real shot in the dark, but maybe check to see in the Task Manager if VATSpy is running, and terminate the application that way? Also, maybe try rebooting computer?

Done both and still doesn't work, thanks for your suggestion though.
By Andrew McCabe 944416
#539973 Sounds similar to my issue. I have VatSpy on two PC's but one of them no longer displays the map. The PC in question is fairly old and the graphics card is downright ancient. I have come to the conclusion its the drivers, which I cannot update any more, that just can't display certain things.
By Sonny Nixon 1405280
Andrew McCabe 944416 wrote:Sounds similar to my issue. I have VatSpy on two PC's but one of them no longer displays the map. The PC in question is fairly old and the graphics card is downright ancient. I have come to the conclusion its the drivers, which I cannot update any more, that just can't display certain things.

Well I wouldn't say I have the best graphics card however it used to work on my laptop now it suddenly doesn't so that's why I am a bit curious as to why it not longer works.
By Andrew McCabe 944416
#539986 I'm stumped too, and lets face it VatSpy should not be too taxing for any graphics card. My older PC did run VatSpy for years without issue, but no longer does. Maybe there was a small change in the code somewhere that my older graphics card just does not like. I really should get around to swapping the card out ! Hope you get it resolved.
By Sonny Nixon 1405280
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:I haven't changed the vatspy map rendering code in quite a while. My best guess is that you had a video driver update that broke something.

Hiya Ross, from my understanding I haven't updated any video driver so nothing should of changed?
By Andrew McCabe 944416
#540086 The old PC running VatSpy has an Nvidia 9950 GT card which must be 15 years old. I'm not sure it's supported in Win 10, but it has been working with a generic Windows driver. Anyway, so I tried installing an older version of the Nvidia driver and the map displays, but any attempt to zoom or move the map only happens at a snails pace. So I reckon it's definitely the driver / card. Time to retire it I think :-(