Pilot Discussion With a Global Perspective
By Ryan McLeod 1177597
#515025 hey guys i am finally ready to move on from FSX i tried a demo of x-plane-11 it was great leaning towards x-plane 11 but i allays used fsx and p3d4 is a lot like it from what i hear as far as addons and everything else. i guess its just the addons part for me. wish p3d4 had a demo like x-plane i could try to help with my decision. what do you guys think? whats your opinions on either one? would be appreciated.
Last edited by Norman Blackburn 870575 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Moved from General Discussion
By Daniel Hawton 876594
#515032 Remember: P3D is not for entertainment purposes and is strictly against the End User License Agreement.

Academic license allowed uses: (1) on a single computer, (2) by no more than one user at any one time, (3) in connection with Academic Education, (4) by students, instructors and staff associated with Licensee's Academic Education, (5) in the Territory, and (6) for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment. (https://secure.prepar3d.com/solo/produc ... ionID=1089)

Professional/Professional Plus allowed uses: anywhere in the world, but only on no more than one computer; and only by no more than one user at any one time and for purposes other than personal/consumer entertainment. (https://secure.prepar3d.com/solo/produc ... ionID=1096 / https://secure.prepar3d.com/solo/produc ... ionID=1103)

So 90% of users on VATSIM would be in violation of the EULA to use P3D. I use FSX and spent enough money it's going to take a serious sim to replace it.
By Steven Perry 810054
#515039 VATSIM can legitimately be used for training purposes. If you have a pilot's license or are considering pursuing one, P3D pro license is fair game.

(Hope the GIF works)

Anyway, I may or may not have cut the tags off my mattress, so take my legal advice with a grain of salt. :twisted:
By Steven Perry 810054
Ryan McLeod 1177597 wrote:wish p3d4 had a demo like x-plane i could try to help with my decision.

They do have a money back guarantee good for a month or two if P3D doesn't meet your expectations. Not exactly a demo. But pretty close.

I was blown away by P3D's performance. It doubled-to-tripled my frame rates. My 15-20fps FSX:SE machine now has years of life left since I'm getting 40+ fps. Buying P3D saved me money.
By Dace Nicmane 1313735
Daniel Hawton 876594 wrote:P3D is not for entertainment purposes and is strictly against the End User License Agreement.

This is the weirdest condition I've ever seen. Why place a condition that you're not gonna check and can't enforce? What do they have against entertainment? Real world pilots fly for entertainment, lol.
By Daniel Hawton 876594
Dace Nicmane 1313735 wrote:
Daniel Hawton 876594 wrote:P3D is not for entertainment purposes and is strictly against the End User License Agreement.

This is the weirdest condition I've ever seen. Why place a condition that you're not gonna check and can't enforce? What do they have against entertainment? Real world pilots fly for entertainment, lol.

They actually can enforce it. There is legal precedence for EULA restrictions to usage violations being taken and accepted by the courts. If they really wanted to, they could sue every person using it for entertainment purposes... a risk I am not willing to take.
By Randy Tyndall 1087023
I may or may not have cut the tags off my mattress

For those of you who looked at...errmmhh, I mean read, yeah, read...Playboy back in the day there was a frequent artist within named Gahan Wilson. One of his best cartoons was of a little log cabin nestled in the woods with 50 black SUVs surrounding the cabin with blue and red lights blinking. On the porch was one poor old man with his hands up surrounded by 10 to 15 Government agents all pointing weapons at him.

The caption..."We heard you cut the 'DO NOT REMOVE UNDER PENALTY OF LAW' tag off your sleeping bag."

Back to the legals, now. Sorry. Always try to lighten things up if I can.

Randy