Pilot Discussion With a Global Perspective
By Ross Carlson 887155
#533596 I'm not an xplane user either, but I am told there is a map view that you can use to drag your plane around. Just be sure to disconnect while you're doing so.
By Ernesto Martinez 1286139
#533640 You can use the map to move, but at that scale it's challenging because the map was designed for larger distances so you'd have to be zoomed in all the way at the airport.

The easiest way is to start a new flight at a new gate.
By Trent Hopkinson 812681
phil symonds 1210804 wrote:For anyone interested, I found two SLEW plugins at xplane.org for download. Just search for slew in the files section. Only down side I can see is loosing the use of the Y key for other functions or typing text. Works though.

Bad for Unicom when flying to Toronto then... :P
By Gary Townsend 1457231
Ernesto Martinez 1286139 wrote:You can use the map to move, but at that scale it's challenging because the map was designed for larger distances so you'd have to be zoomed in all the way at the airport.

The easiest way is to start a new flight at a new gate.

I've done this multiple times where you just open the settings and change your location and start new flight the connection to vatsim stays and now you're at the new gate and you use the very detailed ramp map to chose a new location.