VATEUD (Europe Division). Region (VATEUR) announcements will also be posted here
By Apostolos Damkalis 963239
#536044 Dear fellow members,

It is with great sadness that we have to announce you that Florian Harms has decided to step down from his position as Division Director of the European Division.

Florian, as I am sure most of you know, has served the community for almost 20 years non stop, from various levels of management, including the Board of Governors. We are more than sure that he will continue to be with us, focusing in the enjoyment the network can offer.

Flo, we all at the VATSIM Europe Region, would like to thank you for all your energy and time you dedicated into any role you've had.

Furthermore, Morten Jelle, the Deputy Director of the Europe Division decided to step down as well. Morten, thank you very much for your time and effort into all the positions you held in the past both in the Division as well as your local facility.

Moving forward, the Europe Region is posting directly the vacancy since the position of the Division Director in EUD is of utmost importance for both the Region as well as the Network as a whole.

The Job Description for a Division Director can be found here

Candidates should submit their CV and letter of motivation to [email protected] no later than 2000z on Sunday 17th November 2019. When applying, candidates should ensure that their letter of motivation clearly demonstrates their ability to fulfil the job role as outlined in the document above.

In the interim, please direct any requests or inquiries concerning the Division Director of Europe Division to Andreas Dermitzakis. He can be reached at [email protected]atsim.net .
By Patrick Fuchez 819114
#536084 Very sad news !!!

Vatfrance hopes that your future will be as promising!

We appreciated you very much, and we will miss you!

Remember our meeting in London with the Speebirds,

It was great!

Goodbye, my dear Florian

Dr Patrick Fuchez
French Vacc Director
vatfrance.org
By Chriss Klosowski 1306415
#536121 I wish you the best of luck Flo! It was great working with you for Cross the Pond and World Flight! Sad to see you go.
By Martin Stockzell 1294494
#536140 Thanks Florian and Morten for your work. Despite not always agreeing on everything - no one can take away your years of dedication!

And I hope you won't leave SCA Morten :)
By Krystian Zawadzki 1416554
#536181 This really came in as a surprise!

Although I haven't been a VATSIM member for too long, and a Staff member in my VACC for even shorter, it was extremely clear from day 1 how amazing people both Florian and Morten were. This will definitely be a big loss for the VATSIM network, but whatever the reasons are - I strongly believe that they are way more important than this common hobby of ours.

Best of luck to both of you, and thank you - really - for everything you have done for this Network. I believe it's safe to say that it wouldn't be the same without either of you.

It's just left to hope that we get someone at least half as capable of doing your roles to replace you, and we'll be going good. Good luck, and I hope we yet have to hear or see any of you connected to the network, at least as pilots or controllers!
By Norman Blackburn 870575
#536204 Florian of course Ive contacted you privately but its important to say it here in public how honoured I have been to work alongside and with you. Your shoes are going to so difficult to fill.
By Jackson Harding 820457
#537805 WIth the retirement of Apos from the position of VATEUR1 we have decided to place the process for selecting a new EUD1 on hold. This is because we believe there may well be many people who are suited to both positions and so we wish to appoint the more senior of the two first. We would welcome applications from people for one, or for both positions. We will continue to accept applications for EUD1 throughout this period, but no shortlisting or further consideration of candidates will take place until the new Regional Director is installed.

The add for a new Regional Director has just been posted and applications for this position will close on 3 Nov 19. We hope to have the new Regional Director installed as soon as possible after this date.

So pull your CVs out of te bottom drawer and apply for one, or for both.
By Joaquin Blanco 860975
#540218 Hello Florian

Sorry you are leaving your post but hopefully we will still be able to see you flying and chat with you online. Thanks for all your great contribution to Vatsim over the years.

Best regards