VATEUD (Europe Division). Region (VATEUR) announcements will also be posted here
By Martin Bergin 931070
#432130 Image

VATEUD is proud to announce the expansion of their Open Skies initiative to include all VATEUR Controllers.
This means that all controllers from the UK and Russia are now free to control, subject to GRP, in any of the Open Skies Areas.

These are:
Albania,
Estonia,
Finland,
FYROM,
Georgia,
Iceland,
Malta,
Moldova,
Slovenia.
By Philipp Edlich 1081694
George Condes 1132702 wrote:The only countries that are part of the Open Skies program are Georgia and Iceland.

This statement should be still valid. The other countries have unofficial vACC's wich should be notified before controlling in order to inform about local specialties.
By Wygene Chong 1089621
#467361 I would like to point out that Iceland is now in transition period. We are still under Openskies but it is highly recommended that you have a look at our General Procedures before logging on, as our radar-assisted oceanic airspace is rather unique. Training sessions are also offered to new controllers and coordinated on our forums.

http://www.vatsim-scandinavia.org

Of course, we are always looking for new members to join our team :D
By Tim Wong 1179662
#467365 As I have seen so far, Armenia is the only country which is still part of the VATEUD Open Sky programme. All other countries from the initial phase back in year 2011 have become and got their official and unofficial vACC status with their own independant staff teams nowadays.

Source: http://www.vateud.net/countries/AM
By Evgeny Vygornitsky 862634
Tim Wong 1179662 wrote:As I have seen so far, Armenia is the only country which is still part of the VATEUD Open Sky programme. All other countries from the initial phase back in year 2011 have become and got their official and unofficial vACC status with their own independant staff teams nowadays.

Source: http://www.vateud.net/countries/AM

It should be corrected. Armenia is the part of VATRUS.
Georgia is still a part of Open Skies.
By Wygene Chong 1089621
#467371 I can also confirm that Iceland is still part of Openskies as well. The current consensus between VATEUD and VATSIM Scandinavia is that the status should stay until traffic/ATC levels rise to a reasonable level. While traffic levels have risen noticeably over the last year, ATC remains quite sparse.
By Nicolas Ammann 867703
Evgeny Vygornitsky 862634 wrote:It should be corrected. Armenia is the part of VATRUS.

Evgeny,

I have created a task in our task database so that it will be removed from the EUD homepage.

Kind regards
By Daniel Conrad 1091256
Nicolas Ammann 867703 wrote:
Evgeny Vygornitsky 862634 wrote:It should be corrected. Armenia is the part of VATRUS.

Evgeny,

I have created a task in our task database so that it will be removed from the EUD homepage.

Kind regards

Nic, Evgeny,

i removed Armenia as part of VATEUD. The link Tim posted above is still valid, but from database side Armenia is out of VATEUD. I will edit the text on the page (...part of VATEUD openskies...) at the evening.