By Robert Shearman Jr 1155655
Martin Held 1392013 wrote:You're right! Silly me didn't notice it. It's muting my sound.
Any solution for that?

There's an inexpensive payware add-on called SoundStream. I have it; I found it easy to install & works as advertised. No free solution that I'm aware of.
By Martin Held 1392013
Robert Shearman Jr 1155655 wrote:
Martin Held 1392013 wrote:You're right! Silly me didn't notice it. It's muting my sound.
Any solution for that?

There's an inexpensive payware add-on called SoundStream. I have it; I found it easy to install & works as advertised. No free solution that I'm aware of.

So everybody needs SoundStream to run vPilot? or just us with this problem?
Last edited by Martin Held 1392013 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ross Carlson 887155
Martin Held 1392013 wrote:So everybody needs SoundStream to run vPilot? or just us with this problem?

In case it's not clear, this is not an issue specific to vPilot. FSX mutes itself whenever you click on any window that's not part of FSX. For example, same thing happens with your web browser.
By Robert Shearman Jr 1155655
Martin Held 1392013 wrote:So everybody needs SoundStream to run vPilot? or just us with this problem?

FSX always mutes when switching windows -- not just to vPilot, but to anything else (ASN, Chrome, etcetera). It doesn't hurt anything. You can fly just fine with the sound muted, and when you switch back to FSX the sound comes back.

If that bothers you, get SoundStream. If not, don't worry about it. ;-)
By Martin Held 1392013
#520680 Thank you all for the answers :D .
I did a flight today & even flew almost whole flight in full-screen mode after filling my FP.

Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:Martin, I'm curious, how did you get around your full screen issue and be able to use vPilot?

Please see above. I was able to fly the whole flight in full-screen mode with vPilot GUI hidden.
So I couldn't see all the freq. etc, but it's good enough.
Thank you!
By Ross Carlson 887155
#520681 Note that there are options to have vPilot sent private messages and radio messages directed to your callsign to the FSX window. So that can be helpful when flying in full screen.
By Simon Kelsey 810049
Robert Shearman Jr 1155655 wrote:There's an inexpensive payware add-on called SoundStream. I have it; I found it easy to install & works as advertised. No free solution that I'm aware of.

Important note: Soundstream (unless there's been an update recently) only works with the Boxed version of FSX. It does not work with FSX-SE!
By Martin Held 1392013
Ross Carlson 887155 wrote:Note that there are options to have vPilot sent private messages and radio messages directed to your callsign to the FSX window. So that can be helpful when flying in full screen.

Very interesting, that would be great! Can you point me to any info describing how to do that?
Thank you!