By Sander Cedee 1449341
#542346 Hi all,

I noticed that a few pilots choose runways to land on, that are the best choice concerning wind and less taxi-time, but in real life are closed at that time; (So it might end up with e.g. angry citizens complaining about environmental / noise...the surrounding inhabitants will not let a chance pass by to complain of course ;-) Well anyways: There is a handy website to check, with an image in which you can see what runway(s) are actually in use for Departure and Arrivals when there is no ATC coverage on VATSIM:

https://en.lvnl.nl/environment/runway-use

Just a suggestion for pilots who want to be close to reality,
Happy flyin'
By Torben Andersen 861112
#542389 "I'm surprised that this isn't common knowledge among those who fly into or out of EHAM"

Honestly, if no controllers are available at an airport, it is up to you as the PiC to choose the most favourble rwy - noone else.
Landing on 18R is nice, if you like long taxiing around, but 18C is often a better choice. So look and listen to traffic in the area, and adjust. But puritanism has killed a lot of the joy.
By Trent Hopkinson 812681
Torben Andersen 861112 wrote:"I'm surprised that this isn't common knowledge among those who fly into or out of EHAM"

Honestly, if no controllers are available at an airport, it is up to you as the PiC to choose the most favourble rwy - noone else.
Landing on 18R is nice, if you like long taxiing around, but 18C is often a better choice. So look and listen to traffic in the area, and adjust. But puritanism has killed a lot of the joy.

Landing on 36L is ... silly.
(And there's no taxiway up there, so you'd need to backtrack!
By Torben Andersen 861112
Trent Hopkinson 812681 wrote:
Torben Andersen 861112 wrote:"I'm surprised that this isn't common knowledge among those who fly into or out of EHAM"

Landing on 36L is ... silly.
(And there's no taxiway up there, so you'd need to backtrack!

Did I mention rwy 36L? Where did that come from? Common sense is allways a good choice.

regards Torben
By Andreas Fuchs 810809
#545416 18R-36L ;)

Was in EHAM for real on the weekend and with those strong winds (250/32G45) all aircraft (up to B777) had to land on runway 22, that was fun to watch from the General Aviation Jet Center. Only some 747s landed on RWY24, due to their size.
By Andreas Fuchs 810809
#545458 We know that, but for some people the existence of runway 18R also results in runway 36L being available. It would not make any sense to land there and everytime I have to land on 18R for real makes me curse because of the endless taxi time. 36L would be even worse. Similar deal in Frankfurt, although runway 18 does exist, runway 36 does not exist! And 18 is for departures only.