General Discussion Concerning Military Type Flying
By Einar Kristiansen 815684
#142537 Hi my friend's

All new pilot applicants will be required to take a testprogram before being assigned to fly VNATO aircraft.First step is a theoretical test on 25 question. If you pass this test,next step is check ride C-20 Gulfstream.(special mission) You start record the 25nm on the end of flight, and send the flight video to VNATO for evaluation.When you have pass,you will receive an E-mail with your Pilot ID for loggin to webside.

If you pass the theoretical test you will get % score (over 80%) and next step you will get the C-20 Check ride automatic
On the moment we work to get a messege up when you not pass the test,just now you will be only send back to deskop

Hope you understand my bad english :)
Good luck! ("I hope you succeed!")

Chief Logistic Sheppard AFB
Lieutenant Gen. Kristiansen
Check Captain Aircrafts
C-20/C-40/c-5
[email protected]
By Richard Davenport 996528
Einar Kristiansen 815684 wrote:You start record the 25nm on the end of flight, and send the flight video to VNATO for evaluation.When you have pass,you will receive an E-mail with your Pilot ID for loggin to webside.

Will you supply the software for this?

No offence, but why would people want to go through this long and disjointed process, when there are many other VAs that offer the same thing but quicker. Potential VA pilots can afford to go for "instant gratification" as there is so much selection.
By Kyle Ramsey 810181
#142548 I think he is talking about the built in MSFS video recorder. Several of the other VA's and VSOA's use this tool now. You have it already.
By Bram Couteaux 983724
#142615 I can't find it on the VSOA section on the website so I suppose not (yet). Maybe Einar can give us a update about this?

Bram
By Kyle Ramsey 810181
#142619 They can fly on VATSIM, most anyone can, right. Just can't do VSOA Spec Ops type missions as outlined in the VSOA documents until they are accepted into VSOA.
By David Klain 874106
#142623 vNATO is in touch with us and submitting information for consideration and potential approval as an SOA. At present, they are NOT an approved SOA.

Dave
By Einar Kristiansen 815684
#142674 Hi all,and thanks for response

Kyle Ramsey 810181 wrote:I think he is talking about the built in MSFS video recorder. Several of the other VA's and VSOA's use this tool now. You have it
already.

Correct,all this infomation how you use it will you find in check ride

Dominic Manning 811381 wrote:Since my question wasn't answered I'll ask again.

Is Virtual NATO approved to operate on VATSIM?

YES of course!
Vatsim is the area we almost will use,on the moment we jobs with registration.Maybee this will take some time,we going in easter holiday now.

Chief Logistic Sheppard AFB
Lieutenant Gen. Kristiansen
Check Captain Aircrafts
C-20/C-40/c-5
[email protected]
By Robbie Close 936559
#142681 Einar,

I think Dominic meant VSOA status which David just said you are NOT. Don't worry though in my experience David will do whatever he can to get you up and running ASAP.
By Espen Furfjord 851483
#143533 Hello.
It is correct we are'nt VSOA registrated today. But as David say we trying work this out these days. And we are greatfull for the help and kindness from the persons in touch at VATSIM.

We have been working some years with making vNATO, and always with VATSIM in mind. Ourself prefer using VATSIM the same way we like our members to use VATSIM in a professional way as that VA we like to be seen as.

The intro test could be difficult. But with the help of time and internet it is possible to pass. For those who pass the 80% limit they get information how to do a practical test that later is checked manually. This give us the secound chance to know about the pilot realy can fly or not. The theoretical test give us a clue about the pilot is known with navigation, but also general questions.
This is a level we sees as important for fly with vNATO at VATSIM.

Regards

Chief NAEW
Lieutenant General Furfjord
Virtual NATO
[email protected]
By Blake Gray 841141
#144527 Dear Sirs:

It seems to me that vNato is a fictitious VA is it not, therefore not allowable into Vatsim Spec Ops? They would have to choose one of the 'real' airlines as a VA in order to meet Vatsim Spec Ops qualifications; this is not my opnion I am just stating a fact here of which I have been so vigorously attended to myself.

As I recall reading somewhere that NATO itself does not operate any airlines; maybe they own some planes but do they manage and pilot them? I read where they have the airborne radar I think it is, and are the only ones (!); another thing I question I thought the US Air Force owned some radar birds?

WAE-CEO
Mr Gray