By George Smith 1102258
#351813 Hi everyone...

It all started yesterday...
i have never had a problem like that before : when i click the little vatsim button on the FSinn control panel i takes about 10 to 15 second then a red light appears notifying me that it didn't connect to VATSIM.
i have seen alot of topics discussing the same problem lately ...so i read these topics in the hope of finding some useful information ....i have also read the installation sticky and the Please read sticky....even tryed reinstalling FSFDT....but unfortunetly nothing worked ....
i appreciate any suggestions or info regarding this problem.

Thanks to all

George.
By Ernesto Alvarez 818262
#351819 anything new installed?

check your windows firewall (if using a router, check that one aswell), make sure its not blocking fsinn.

if you have antivirus, check it aswell. sometimes when you update your antivirus it can disable some previous permissions.

have had those happen before.

larry might be able to go further in detail

also try checking some of the other servers to be sure
By Larry James 901346
George Smith 1102258 wrote:Hi everyone...

It all started yesterday...
i have never had a problem like that before : when i click the little vatsim button on the FSinn control panel i takes about 10 to 15 second then a red light appears notifying me that it didn't connect to VATSIM.
i have seen alot of topics discussing the same problem lately ...so i read these topics in the hope of finding some useful information ....i have also read the installation sticky and the Please read sticky....even tryed reinstalling FSFDT....but unfortunetly nothing worked ....
i appreciate any suggestions or info regarding this problem.

Thanks to all

George.

What is the status message you get at the bottom of the screen where you type in the IP?

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
[email protected]
www.apollo3.com/~ljames
By Larry James 901346
George Smith 1102258 wrote:I get connection timed out !

Use the steps in the FSInn/VATSIM FAQ regarding connection problems and report to us the results of each. You'll find that under question #4, "Why am I having connection problems?".

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
[email protected]
www.apollo3.com/~ljames
By Larry James 901346
George Smith 1102258 wrote:I have already done that ...
i installed Micosoft loopback adapter. but it didn't help out either

You've already done what? You're saying you uninstalled your third party firewall/antivirus program?

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
[email protected]
www.apollo3.com/~ljames
By Larry James 901346
George Smith 1102258 wrote:Larry,

I meant that i've tried the steps in the FSInn/VATSIM FAQ but i didn't find any solutions for this problem.

thanks for helping..

George. Can you tell me, without copying and pasting which steps you actually did on the computer? I can't identify with someone just saying they did the steps. For years people say they do all the steps and they continue to have problems. Most of the time, when they actually specify in their words the steps that they actually did on their computer, they report that their problems suddenly went away.

Or they leave out steps when they specify what they actually did on their computer, then I pick what they leave out and tell them to do it. Often they will say they didn't do that one because it wouldn't help. The ones that actually do the ones they leave out gets their issues resolved.

I understand how certain you are that it won't happen in your case, but I'd be very surprised if it didn't. I can't believe that it wouldn't happen.

Will you put in to words what you actually did on your computer? If it fails, this would be the very first time in all my years of giving support. If it failed, I would believe it's because there's a problem with your OS installation. But that has only happen once or twice in all the years that I've been giving support.

Thanks in advance if you will take the time to help me to help you in this regard.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
[email protected]
www.apollo3.com/~ljames
By George Smith 1102258
#351956 Larry,

I have tried all the steps in the installation sticky (checked that fs9 compatible mode is set to run as administrator, ran FSinn as administrator, checked that none of the FSInn modules's compatible mode is set to run as administrator)....i also checked all the info entered in the FSInn set window ( VATSIM ID, password, IP address, name, and callsign)........verifyed that all of the FSInn modules have full access in the firewall program control.

Looks like the only option left is to reinstall FS9 and all the addons.....and trust me i'm trying my best to find a solution for this problem ...

Thank you so much for your help Larry.

Best regards
By Larry James 901346
George Smith 1102258 wrote:Larry,

I have tried all the steps in the installation sticky (checked that fs9 compatible mode is set to run as administrator, ran FSinn as administrator, checked that none of the FSInn modules's compatible mode is set to run as administrator)....i also checked all the info entered in the FSInn set window ( VATSIM ID, password, IP address, name, and callsign)........verifyed that all of the FSInn modules have full access in the firewall program control.

Hi, George. None of the things you're mentioning are in the FSInn/VATSIM FAQ I gave you. Looking at your current message it doesn't appear that you've done any of the steps mentioned in the FAQ. This will account for your problems. The steps you mentioned are in the installation sticky. That is all that is necessary for most people. However there are occasions where some people have problems, as in your case. This is why the FSInn/VATSIM FAQ is linked in the troubleshooting section with bold read letters emphasizing their importance. This is why the please read sticky suggests checking and performing the steps in the FAQ. This is why I'm asking you to do them.

You're having a connection issue. Please look at FAQ #4 ("Why am I having connection problems?") and perform the resolutions provided in any order and report to us which ones you did (by mentioning what you actually did on your computer) and the results. If you do this, you'll most likely end up posting how you resolved the issue.

By the way, if I retype the resolutions from the FAQ, you might say yes, done, but I still won't be sure how you actually performed them on your computer, of if you understand the steps. But if you look at the steps and actually perform them on your computer and put in to your own words what you actually did, I'd have a better understanding of what you're doing on your computer.

Looks like the only option left is to reinstall FS9 and all the addons.....and trust me i'm trying my best to find a solution for this problem ...

It’s my impression that, that would take you back to where you are now. I believe the best thing would be to perform the steps provided in the FAQ and report on what you actually do on your computer from the FAQ. I can use what you mention to have a good idea of what you’re missing. So far you appear to be missing all the entries in the FSInn/VATSIM FAQ for resolving connection issues.

Thank you so much for your help Larry.

Best regards

You’re welcome. It’s always a pleasure. Thanks in advance for your helping me to help by providing the requested information.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
[email protected]
http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames