You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New version information

Richard Webb 1097731

Richard Webb 1097731
Posted
Posted

Is there a place that I can go that outlines ALL the new features of 3.1? I have downloaded the new version and so much has changed that it is unusable for me until I can figure out what some of the stuff does. I congratulate you on an awesome product, but it's almost changed too much in between point releases...

For example, I'm trying to look for information on "Professional" and "Vatsim" modes and how that works, and also information on the tag editor what the tag types are for. I'm also having trouble creating a completely new tag family unless I copy the existing one. I keep getting an error that says "No default item set for /primary" Not sure where to set a default item - I do have primary items in each of the untagged, tagged, and detailed sections...

Also, I don't understand the purpose of the .prf file if all the various files can now be separated - unless the prf file is what holds it all together.

I also noticed that I could not taxi an aircraft in the simulator (Which I believe is a known bug yes?)

I was also disappointed when I installed it and ALL my previous settings in the earlier version were not upgraded, but completely disregarded and lost. I had hours into setting up my radar scope and tags and the new version destroyed it. Shame on me for not backing it up first.

Thanks

-Rich

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Richard,

I made a copy of the beta testers list of the new beta releases of the last year. This list contains all the changes we made: http://www.euroscope.hu/install/changes.html.

The taxi bug is known, and is already fixed. We are just waiting a bit if there is another urgent issue before we release the patch.

And also sorry about your settings. I did spend too much time on the installer that is true. To be honest all the settings and TAG items and everything have really changed since 3.0 that I simply lost how it can be done automatically.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted
For example, I'm trying to look for information on "Professional" and "Vatsim" modes and how that works, and also information on the tag editor what the tag types are for. I'm also having trouble creating a completely new tag family unless I copy the existing one. I keep getting an error that says "No default item set for /primary" Not sure where to set a default item - I do have primary items in each of the untagged, tagged, and detailed sections...

Also, I don't understand the purpose of the .prf file if all the various files can now be separated - unless the prf file is what holds it all together.

I was also disappointed when I installed it and ALL my previous settings in the earlier version were not upgraded, but completely disregarded and lost. I had hours into setting up my radar scope and tags and the new version destroyed it. Shame on me for not backing it up first.

All those are things that are explained in the wiki. Of course it might be possible that some explanations could be improved at some point, but your posting sounds like you did not read the wiki at all, so you should do that, and if you then have any concrete questions or points where the wiki can be improved, then it will be much easier to try to help you. There is no point in repeating stuff here that is explained in the wiki over several pages including screenshots.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Richard Webb 1097731
Posted
Posted
All those are things that are explained in the wiki. Of course it might be possible that some explanations could be improved at some point, but your posting sounds like you did not read the wiki at all, so you should do that, and if you then have any concrete questions or points where the wiki can be improved, then it will be much easier to try to help you. There is no point in repeating stuff here that is explained in the wiki over several pages including screenshots.

I must admit that I didn't spend too much time on the wiki, I did look through the tag area and it didn't talk about the new tag types at all. After posting here I found a little more explanation under the "Professional Mode" docomeentation about the tags so I started playing around with them. I did find it tedious when starting with a new tag family from scratch having to go into all 24 (Untagged, Tagged and Detailed * 8 tag types) to set a primary field. I also found that it still seems to be using the professional mode regardless of the settings under general settings where I choose easy vatsim mode. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how it is supposed to work, but when not using professional mode I would expect that it would use the "primary only" tag type and not the others since those pertain to the professional mode system? Not sure though. Just a suggestion - maybe if you click to add a new family it could add the callsign field into all locations automatically and set it to primary so that you don't have to go through and set up everything in one sitting. Keep it so the primary can still be changed but set something as default to make it a little easier.

Also, I would be willing to write some docomeentation on the wiki if I understood the features better. How do you get involved in the beta program?

-Rich

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

No, Primary only is not the tag type für Easy Mode. I am actually not sure, but it should use Concerned A+C or S. Professional mode is about correlation, so easy mode does not use the uncorrelated tags, because aircrafts are always correlated in Easy mode.

Also, I would be willing to write some docomeentation on the wiki if I understood the features better. How do you get involved in the beta program?
By invitation if more testers are needed, which is currently not the case. A good way to advertise yourself is always to be active here and provide user to user support.

Stephan Boerner

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted
Professional mode is about correlation, so easy mode does not use the uncorrelated tags, because aircrafts are always correlated in Easy mode.

I am not so sure about this. I decided to use Easy Mode until I am a bit more familiar with 3.1. Anyhow I see FP tracks within my radar range. I use "Easy VATSIM" in General Settings and "Easy EuroScope Mode" in Display Settings -> Simulation Mode.

One note: I had a GND .asr file loaded with "Professional Ground with S-mode radar" Simulation Mode, maybe this has side-effects on other "Easy" .asr's as well.

---

I can confirm that on this setup the relevant tag group is "Correlated A+C".

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted
I am not so sure about this. I decided to use Easy Mode until I am a bit more familiar with 3.1. Anyhow I see FP tracks within my radar range. I use "Easy VATSIM" in General Settings and "Easy EuroScope Mode" in Display Settings -> Simulation Mode.

One note: I had a GND .asr file loaded with "Professional Ground with S-mode radar" Simulation Mode, maybe this has side-effects on other "Easy" .asr's as well.

It's probably because you are mixing Pro and Easy Mode, but there is an easy way to test it ... test it without the Pro Ground open There should be no flightplans in Easy Mode, unless they are simulated traffic from the VATSIM data feed without a correlating radar target, however those should be displayed only outside your radar range. Maybe another bug, but I have not been using Easy Mode for a long time, so I can not say for sure.

Stephan Boerner