The VATSIM Membership Department is seeking applications for the position of
VATSIM Membership Manager.
VATSIM Membership Managers provide one-on-one assistance to VATSIM members in membership related matters through the VATSIM Membership Department Help Desk ticket system. Primarily, this includes helping members with topics such as account reactivations, password issues, or other account specific matters.
The primary responsibilities of the position include:
· Providing one on one assistance to VATSIM members in membership related matters through the VATSIM Membership Department Help Desk ticket system
· Any other tasks assigned by the VATSIM Vice President of Membership and his designee(s)
· Be at least 21 years of age at the time of application
· Be a member of the VATSIM network for no less than 24 months at the time of application
· Have a clean VATSIM record for no less than 12 months at the time of application
· Have good knowledge of VATSIM policies, especially the VATSIM Code of Conduct, the VATSIM Code of Regulations and the VATSIM Data Protection & Handling Policy
· Have proficient English oral and written communication skills
· Be able to dedicate an average of 30 minutes per day to this position
· Commit to work support tickets an average of 5-7 days per week
The ideal candidate should:
· Hold a VATSIM ATC rating of Senior Student (S3) or higher
· Hold a VATSIM pilot rating of P1 or higher
· Have previous experience in a customer service type position
Applications should please be sent via e-mail to Michael Mund-Hoym, Assistant to the VATSIM Vice President of Membership, at [email protected], with a copy to Don Desfosse, VATSIM Vice President of Membership, at [email protected], by no later than 28 November 2021.
As part of their application the applicants are asked to provide a VATSIM related C.V., a brief narrative describing their interest in VATSIM Membership Department work and a letter of recommendation from a Division level or higher VATSIM staff member.
After an initial scanning of the applications, suitable candidates may be contacted for a comprehensive interview.