You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Coordination problem

Eivind Fosse 818131

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

Actually I have one more question regarding the ENCN problem described above.

I'm trying to solve the coordination issue when TWR, APP and CTR are online and was thinking about a possible solution.

To recap the problem is that the LoA states that ENCN TWR shall clear flight to 5000 ft before handing over to ENCN APP, who in turn shall clear flight up to FL130 before handing over to ENOS RR CTR sector. As the lines are today in the ESE file, a departing traffic is given 5000 from TWR to APP AND from APP to CTR.

This is the relevant parts of the ESE file:

SID:ENCN:04:ARDAL1A:ENCN BN ARDAL

SID:ENCN:22:ARDAL1B:ENCN ODR ARDAL

COPX:ENCN:04:ARDAL:*:*:ENCN CTR:ENCN TMA:5000:*:ARDAL

COPX:ENCN:22:ARDAL:*:*:ENCN CTR:ENCN TMA:5000:*:ARDAL

COPX:ENCN:*:ARDAL:*:*:ENCN TMA:ENOS RR:13000:*:ARDAL

ARDAL is the TMA border between ENCN TMA and ENOS RR Sector. The FPL of the aircraft is

ARDAL DCT TOR

When ESE is looking for a COPX line to use, does it only use the filed FPL of the aircraft?

I was thinking maybe it also included the relevant parts of the SID, if a SID had been issued, so that I could make new COPX lines like the following:

COPX:ENCN:04:BN:*:*:ENCN CTR:ENCN TMA:5000:*:ARDAL

COPX:ENCN:22:ODR:*:*:ENCN CTR:ENCN TMA:5000:*:ARDAL

Will this work?

Or must I settle with:

COPX:ENCN:*:ARDAL:*:*:ENCN CTR:ENCN TMA:5000:*:ARDAL

COPX:ENCN:*:TOR:*:*:ENCN TMA:ENOS RR:13000:*:ARDAL

Eivind

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Eivind,

First I create the horizontal route. During that all the points along the route are exposed. All the internal points of the airways, sids and stars. Only after that I will check the COPX points.

In this way you may select a point along the sid like BN or ODR to use as COPX between TWR and APP. There is also the possibility to define different name in the TAG and lists, other than the actual point name. In this way you can define BN as COPX, but rename it to INIT. Then an initial 5000 feet will be shown for TWR and APP.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted
In this way you can define BN as COPX, but rename it to INIT. Then an initial 5000 feet will be shown for TWR and APP.

Like this?

COPX:ENCN:04:BN:*:*:ENCN CTR:ENCN TMA:5000:*:INIT

COPX:ENCN:22:ODR:*:*:ENCN CTR:ENCN TMA:5000:*:INIT

Will this give COPX INIT and 5000 ft as inbound if I'm APP, with TWR below me? And when I start to track the plane it will change to ARDAL and FL130 for the handover to CTR?

Eivind

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Yes, it should work. And should work only for departures as you have an indicated departure airport. That will not match for arrivals.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer