You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Intention Codes

Michael Pike

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

This is not a request for help, but to ask if anyone is working on a plug in to replicate this feature of some UK radar systems. The objective of designing tags is surely to display as much information as possible in as little space as possible.

I would like to see an additional tag item made available that combines the DEST and FIR-COPX fields into one 2-character field. The way it works in the UK is, if the destination is in UK airspace, the last 2 letters of the ICAO code for the airfield are displayed, while for international flights, a 1 or 2 character code is used that represents the general route out of the airspace. Thus 10 characters (4 + 5 + a space between them) are replaced by 2 without losing anything!

I'm not a programmer but I just thought this might be ideal for a plug-in. Anybody?

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Michael this is already done (well not exactly the same), I just no do one more thing and upload it. It was requested by Eivind Fosse and you will find it here viewtopic.php?f=71&t=45644 If you can give us more info on your request I don't think it would be so hard to be done.

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Many thanks. In fact it was that thread that made me think of putting the request here. I didn't add it to that post as it is a different type of tag item that is required. It would need a "look up" reference file to find the code for each FIR COPX. I don't know enough about this to provide that file but I'm sure there are people in the UK who do. I'll persue it locally as well.

The logic would be simple enough:-

If DEST begins with "EG", display last two letters of ICAO

else, lookup FIR-COPX in reference file and display Intention Code listed there.

Of course it will only work for flight plans that follow the Standard Route Docomeent but many of them do.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

I understand what your after Mike and this would need a totally seperate plugin specifically for the UK and thus allowing you to design your own TAG

non-discript self importance signature

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Michael just send me the file containing the codes, the rest is easy.

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

Todor is working on this for us, using a file I have mocked up for testing purposes.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

• 2 months later...
David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

any news on this one?

non-discript self importance signature

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Well Michael has the plugin already. I didn't have much free time wast month, but it will have extеntion, which should be ready very soon.