You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope Chronometer

Apostolos Damkalis

Apostolos Damkalis
Posted
Posted

Congratulations for your excellent new euroscope version !!! My question is if there is any possibility adjusting a chronometer,like VRC had,to use it for seperation

Apostolos Damkalis

CTR

Hellenic Virtual Air Control Center

Apostolos Damkalis

VATSIM Supervisor Team Leader

Regional Conflict Resolution Panel Chairman,Europe

Abk76lz.png

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

You could use ".wait 'some text' [aircraft callsign or ASEL]". This will start a timer. Shortcut to .wait is F1,w

(But you have to activate Quick SET/Show text messages to show the timer, which might be an unintended connection of features)

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

I had this with a trainee yesterday. He does not want all frequency messages shown on the top (QuickSET/aka "show text messages) but wants to use the timer. I told him that is not possible.

It is not obvious that this setting needs to be enabled if you want to use the timer functions/wait list.

1) Would it be possible to move the timer to the same graphical layer where the distance measuring appears in the top left corner? This layer is independent of the "show text messages" setting.

2) Is it possible to make the text after .wait (aka ".wait 'text' [ASEL]") not obligatory? This would make this function a bit easier.

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted
I had this with a trainee yesterday. He does not want all frequency messages shown on the top

... the first steps of learning to ignore text pilots

Don't treat text transmissions as a nuisance.

For good or bad, they're part of our community

The text was intentionally put up there so that text transmissions get acknowledged and deleted by clicking on them so that you don't miss a pour newbie sending you something while you're on voice

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

Hi

Someone in the UK made a little time with a 2 min timer and 3 min timer counting down. It might have been Craig Phillips. It's standalone and once opened sits on screen. I have it somewhere on my harddrive.

Havent used it for awhile as I use the clock in my head and the one on my study wall.

i think its called Countdown, do a google search.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

it is indeed written by Craig but a google search wont work as it not availble publically

non-discript self importance signature

• 2 weeks later...
Ian Robson
Posted
Posted

You can always connect VRC to Euroscope Proxy, (by adding a localhost entry to the servers list), and then use the VRC in a small window for the timers.

generate.php?mid=863791

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
You can always connect VRC to Euroscope Proxy, (by adding a localhost entry to the servers list), and then use the VRC in a small window for the timers.

Note that VRC does not have to be connected in order to use the timers.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC