You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Special Thanks To Vatcar

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I would like to take opportunity on the Caribbean forum of VATSIM forums to say special thanks to all of VATCAR controllers for the fantastic job they were and are still doing handling and coordinating traffic in MTPP airport past 2 days and onward.

What all of you have not realized is that VATCAR controllers are doing fantastic job handling very heavy BERLIN AIRLIFT STYLE traffic in MTPP past 2 days and onward!!!

Special thanks to VATCAR controllers!!!!

Aharon the proud flier of VATCAR

CQwL8Nm.png

Juan Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

Thank you for flying VATCAR, we sincerely appreciate your support!

John Kirkendoll 990215
Posted
Posted

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Center Controller who handled the four Southern Air C-130s flying into MTPX under NVG conditions. We departed KMIA around 9:30 P.M. EST friday night (1/22/10) and entered Haiti controlled airspace around 12:00 P.M. Haiti time. Controlling 4 C-130s into a gr[Mod - Happy Thoughts] strip (2900 ft. length) was not easy, but he kept us in good seperation and got us down. Well, except me, I had to do a go around, (my fault), but he got me lined up again and down in one piece. Again, thank you for a job well done.

Kirk

c130_captain.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Gray Taylor 1041931
Posted
Posted
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Center Controller who handled the four Southern Air C-130s flying into MTPX under NVG conditions. We departed KMIA around 9:30 P.M. EST friday night (1/22/10) and entered Haiti controlled airspace around 12:00 P.M. Haiti time. Controlling 4 C-130s into a gr[Mod - Happy Thoughts] strip (2900 ft. length) was not easy, but he kept us in good seperation and got us down. Well, except me, I had to do a go around, (my fault), but he got me lined up again and down in one piece. Again, thank you for a job well done.

John,

You gave me a good exercise. I can tell you I was a little surprised when I saw 4 C-130s heading to MTPX, but it was fun nonetheless.

Thank you all for sharing the wonderful Port-au-Prince airspace with us even during this unimaginable crisis. Almost all of you have shown incredible patience with us you have brought our student controllers more experience than sweatbox could ever provide.

Keep bringin' the rain!

Gray

CAF838_CF_124_A_4720_9_FCC_AF62_EFF8_ED4_E.png