You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Jan 16th [MTPP-KMIA-MTPP] Relief Operations

Romano Lara

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Within this day, I will be doing non-stop flights from Haiti to Miami with our company B763 (American Airlines). The operation will be going until 1000z, after the said time I will have to take a break and resume the operation by following day.

I am flying a fully loaded 767 with relief goods for the earthquake victims with on-board professionals that will do voluntary missions within the country. We will also evacuate as many American victims and VIPs we can out of Haiti and transport them to Miami.

**All this are for virtual purposes only.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Flight: AA866

Dep: MTPP

Dest: KMIA

Altrt: KFLL

ETD: 0200Z

ETE: 2 hrs 45 mins

Aircraft: B763

Rego: N351AA

selcal: CL-GP

Total Pax: 264

Cargo: 35 616

Gross Wt: 305 968

ZFW: 275 968

CoG: 19% / 4.1

Route distance: 587nm

Alternate distance: 20nm

Fuel required: 28 668

Taxi Wt: 304 636

TO Wt: 304 076

Landing Wt: 288 506

Left-Right: 13 342

Center: 1 984

Route: JOSES ACMEE JUNUR FOWEE5

--

Please take note that all the info's presented above are based on my calculations and are based on my aircraft configuration using the LDS767. Our p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers are the rescued Americans that were trapped in Haiti due to the recent earthquake that froze all mode of transportation within the damaged part of the country. This is a virtual voluntary mission

Romano Lara

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

We just finished leg 2 of our trip today and unfortunately, that will be the last flight to Haiti for this week. My 767 is now resting in Miami and will be resuming it's non-stop flights to Haiti next week, Friday evening. Details of my next flight will be provided soon.

Romano Lara

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Update:

Weekend is coming once again, I will be flight planning tomorrow for a flight to Haiti this Friday/22nd. Aiming to depart Miami anytime close to 1000Z, perhaps our American friends and controllers from MIA and PAP are still sound asleep by then. Our 767 will be loaded with hospital beds, medical supplies and medical volunteers. The dispatch slip will be posted shortly.

We aim to finish this flight in 2 hours time, by the time we arrive at Haiti we will then proceed to join the U.S Air Force with their OPERATION UNIFIED RESPONSE. I also fly for SIMAIRFORCE by the way, I fly their UH-1H to be precise. To that, I will be doing SAR operations from MTPP to rescue victims that needs urgent medical attention, they will be then transported back to MTPP where the earlier transported medical units from Miami will be awaiting for them.

If anyone is interested in joining any of the said flight/operations, please reply to this thread or drop me a PM and I'd be really happy if you tag along.

Romano Lara