You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Looking for a good VA with LAX hub

Nicholas Hammond 1134398

Nicholas Hammond 1134398
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm looking for a good VA with one of the hubs located in LAX. The important part about my search is that I am looking for one of the few VAs on the net that have good preplanning features, i.e. give you a full loadsheet and all of that. Not just the simple concept of fly>sent a pirep. I've seen a few VAs that have a fantastic set of preplanning features, that give you the full info for the flight and even track your flight without using any acars software on the pilot side.

Any suggestions?

Nick

OSH0001.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

check out Midcon.

i dont remember if they have an LAX hub, i know they have a PHX one. but they do have a full dispatch system handled by real world dispatchers.

can find theyre link, and others in the VA section of the VATSIM website.

VATSIM.net > Community > Virtual Airlines

Nicholas Hammond 1134398
Posted
Posted
check out Midcon.

i dont remember if they have an LAX hub, i know they have a PHX one. but they do have a full dispatch system handled by real world dispatchers.

can find theyre link, and others in the VA section of the VATSIM website.

VATSIM.net > Community > Virtual Airlines

I've looked them up, doesn't seem like their website is working though: http://www.midconair.com/

But thanks anyway.

Any other ideas?

OSH0001.png

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

Have a look at the rest of the list. One reason you're not getting much is because I pound these guys for shopping their VA's to questions like this.

We have about 400 VA's listed as Partners and I am sure there are several that will meet your needs so go have a look at all the ones listed in North America.

Kyle Ramsey

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

they might need to update theyre url

pm'd it to ya

why theyre using that new address, i dont know, havent been with them in years

Nate Johns
Posted
Posted

I've looked them up, doesn't seem like their website is working though: http://www.midconair.com/

But thanks anyway.

Any other ideas?

Seems to be located at http://dogcreek.allwebco.com/ for now.

~Nate

Nate Johns

"All things are difficult before they are easy."

- Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

Nicholas Hammond 1134398
Posted
Posted

But thanks anyway.

Any other ideas?

Seems to be located at http://dogcreek.allwebco.com/ for now.

~Nate

Yes, Ernesto already PMd it to me. But I was looking for something representing a currently existing airline, not half fictional.

The only problem finding a good VA for me is that I would really like a VA with a complex dispatch systems with loadsheets and everything. I've stumbled upon a few but those were european based. They have extensive flight planning and dispatch systems. The simple concept of looking up a route, flying it and filing a PIREP just doesn't appeal to me, I can fly whatever I want without being obliged to a VA with a minimum monthly number of flights. A good dispatch system pushes VAs as close to the real operations as possible.

Nick

OSH0001.png

Nate Johns
Posted
Posted

I like this idea of not wanting to fly for a half fictional virtual airline. Kind of amusing, personally. It kind of sounds like not wanting to control for a half fictional ARTCC. I digress...

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you're saying. I'll leave the arguing for/against any given VA to other people since I don't want to go grandstanding for anyone.

~Nate

Nate Johns

Antonio King 1085967
Posted
Posted

Southwest Virtual Airlines has one there.

Alexander Tucker 1106997
Posted
Posted
They have extensive flight planning and dispatch systems. The simple concept of looking up a route, flying it and filing a PIREP just doesn't appeal to me, I can fly whatever I want without being obliged to a VA with a minimum monthly number of flights. A good dispatch system pushes VAs as close to the real operations as possible.

Good luck with that. A VA that complex would have to have a certain number of flight you'd need to fly.

Flying is simple, as long as you know how to do it. bug.gif?dateline=1293816988 <-- The original bug is back. (The best part is that it doesn't stop.)

Michael Bertolini
Posted
Posted

SimUAL, www.simual.com is another too. I am the Hub manager, and we open Friday, January 29th. feel free to join.

Michael Bertolini

Instructor

The Atlanta Center ARTCC

http://www.atlantacenter.net

RW Certified Professional Air Traffic Controller (CPC)

Nate Johns
Posted
Posted

It is mildly humorous to plug a new UAL VA, then have a giant COA VA banner underneath.

~Nate

Nate Johns

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

only mike would do that

Gary Price
Posted
Posted

Don't even bother looking at the LAX hub at American Virtual Airlines.

Our 60 pilots only fly 1000 hours a month, all on the VATSIM network.

Rumor is that the hub manager is a moron..

Gary Price

AAL200

Los Angeles Hub Manager

American Virtual Airlines

www.joinava.org

Gary Price

UAL001

Chief Executive Officer

Virtual United Airlines

www.virtualunitedairlines.org

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

I heard that too, Gary, but probably giving him more credit than he deserves.

And, what's this, that VA is listed in the VA Partners program! Son of a gun, right where some moron GOV said one could find them.

Kyle Ramsey

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted
I heard that too, Gary, but probably giving him more credit than he deserves.

And, what's this, that VA is listed in the VA Partners program! Son of a gun, right where some moron GOV said one could find them.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp