You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Text ATIS now showing up

Houston Hamilton 1057541

Houston Hamilton 1057541
Posted
Posted

Whenever I am putting up an atis the voice is fine and people can listen that way perfect. But for people that right click on the atis and try to get the text atis it wont show up.

My controller info template is:

Atlanta Departure
ATL ATIS on 125.550
Leave feedback at vztlartcc.net!

And my voice atis template is:

%icao% ATIS %id% %time% Wind %winds% Vis %vis% %clouds% Temp %temp%/%dew% Alt %altim% Simultaneous visual approaches in progress. visual app runway 26r, 27l and 28. Simultaneous departures in progress, departing runways 26l and 27r. RNAV departures are runway dependent. Ground control will [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign runway with taxi instructions.  Notice to Airmen. RNAV off the GND procedures in effect. Readback first waypoint upon receipt of takeoff clrnce. Operate transponders on mode C while on ALL taxiways and runways. Read back all hold short instructions. Advise on initial contact you have information %id%.

I dont know why I am getting this problem... I am running vrc 1.2.1a (for the higher sound) and on Win7 64bit

Thanks!

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted (edited)

This is completely normal.

Click "Record ATIS", and basta !

Thats what people will actually see.

All the % things are somewhat "codes" which will show the relevent information once the correct options are checked in the ATIS window (runways, ICAO, ATIS Information).

This should of been explained when you first becamse a controller, before actually controlling...

Edited by Guest

New York ARTCC

Houston Hamilton 1057541
Posted
Posted
This is completely normal.

Click "Record ATIS", and basta !

Thats what people will actually see.

All the % things are somewhat "codes" which will show the relevent information once the correct options are checked in the ATIS window (runways, ICAO, ATIS Information)

Right, but it doesn't... I've asked multiple pilots and different controllers and they all say it wont show up.

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Click "Record ATIS", record you ATIS, then click "Save", then click "Connect", remember to put in the approved ATIS frequency and voice room.

New York ARTCC

Houston Hamilton 1057541
Posted
Posted
Click "Record ATIS", record you ATIS, then click "Save", then click "Connect", remember to put in the approved ATIS frequency and voice room.

Like I said my voice atis is fine, people will go the freq and hear me but not see it on text. server rw.liveatc.net freq: 125.550

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted

Ok, are you talking about your (voice) ATIS? Or your text ATIS (AKA Controller Info)?

Remember also to click "Refresh" in the ATIS to save the parameters for that session after you've selected them.

New York ARTCC

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

sebastian, the voice atis displays its own text info seperate from the controller info. it uses the ATIS template to do that instead of the controller info.

in your controller info you can have "ATIS on 123.45"

and the ATIS will have the full text atis, provided you filled in the template.

as for why Houstons isnt showing, no clue there. i also have flown in a few times and noticed your text atis wasnt showing up.

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted
sebastian, the voice atis displays its own text info seperate from the controller info. it uses the ATIS template to do that instead of the controller info.

Hehe, thanks I knew that...

I guess I don't fully understand Houston's problem then...

New York ARTCC