You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Nhancer Set up

Atiba Broderick 969630

Atiba Broderick 969630
Posted
Posted

I am having problems. The jaggies are back again and this time they don't want to leave me alone. I have vista and I dont know what is wrong. I ve been through numerous tutorials on the net and nothing. Can some please help so I can return to the skies jag-less.

hj.jpg

Nuriel Shem-Tov 1120623
Posted
Posted

Some information would help:

1. Operating System ? (vista 32 bit or 64)

2. FS version (FS9?)

3. CPU

4. RAM

5. Graphic card

Most commonly is a settings issue to do with the video drivers and nhancer's profiles.

Which setting instructions did you follow for NHANCER?

When was your last video driver update?

Nuriel Shem-Tov, Amsterdam.

fs_s.jpg

Atiba Broderick 969630
Posted
Posted

1. Operating System ? vista 64bit

2. FS version? FS9

3. CPU? Acer Aspire X3200

4. RAM? 4GB

5. Graphic card? GeForce 9600

I followed every tutorial i could find.

My last driver update was a few days ago

hj.jpg

Nuriel Shem-Tov 1120623
Posted
Posted

2. FS version? FS9

4. RAM? 4GB

Hi Atiba,

NHancer is one option of forcing the Anti-Aliasing to work. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume by "jaggies" you mean that the lines are not showing up smoothly but rather ugly and square like edges?

Anti Aliasing should work when enabling it on the FS display setting, and try the filter on Trilinear.

Should also make sure on the control panel of Nvidia (via the windows control panel) that the FS9 AA settings is set to application controlled. Also the filter.

You can ofcourse download and install NHancer 2.5.7 and then disable the AA in FS.

The best guide up to date is from Nick: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041

You should see the NHancer settings a few scrolls down. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and don't forget to enable the APPLICATION OVERRIDE on the OPTIONS menu from NHANCER.

Good luck.

fs_s.jpg

Atiba Broderick 969630
Posted
Posted

2. FS version? FS9

4. RAM? 4GB

Hi Atiba,

NHancer is one option of forcing the Anti-Aliasing to work. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume by "jaggies" you mean that the lines are not showing up smoothly but rather ugly and square like edges?

Anti Aliasing should work when enabling it on the FS display setting, and try the filter on Trilinear.

Should also make sure on the control panel of Nvidia (via the windows control panel) that the FS9 AA settings is set to application controlled. Also the filter.

You can ofcourse download and install NHancer 2.5.7 and then disable the AA in FS.

The best guide up to date is from Nick: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041

You should see the NHancer settings a few scrolls down. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully and don't forget to enable the APPLICATION OVERRIDE on the OPTIONS menu from NHANCER.

Good luck.

Ok first how do i fin out what kind of driver version my card is? I think it 191. 07

Then i have every thing correct in the tabs... i believe the problem has to do with setting up the profiles.

Do I go to the NVIDIA ctrl panel and select appy?

And what do i do put under that vertical sync tab?

hj.jpg

Nuriel Shem-Tov 1120623
Posted
Posted
Ok first how do i fin out what kind of driver version my card is? I think it 191. 07

Then i have every thing correct in the tabs... i believe the problem has to do with setting up the profiles.

Do I go to the NVIDIA ctrl panel and select appy?

And what do i do put under that vertical sync tab?

I believe there was a new driver released on the 19th - Jan - 2010.

You might like to have a look here:

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

make sure you put in your correct graphic card details and operating system.

Normally I would recommend to remove the older drivers (simply from control panel add-remove programs) and then restart the computer. Afterwards you may install the new drivers. Make sure not to have any programs running during installation and make sure it asks you to reboot when finished.

If you dont use NHancer you can set options on the Nvidia control Panel. i normally set the Vertical Sync to Force On.

Any changes made in the control panel need APPLY to be pressed in order to work.

Good luck.

fs_s.jpg

Atiba Broderick 969630
Posted
Posted

I got downloaded the new drivers already.

Ok so i have read that you need to duplicate the main fs profile then then delete it. What did you do?

hj.jpg

Nuriel Shem-Tov 1120623
Posted
Posted
I got downloaded the new drivers already.

Ok so i have read that you need to duplicate the main fs profile then then delete it. What did you do?

Duplicate what from where? where is written?

do you mean of nhancer?

I would recommend to start all over again... just incase.

I didnt duplicate anything, I just made sure un-installation worked properly. I did not re-import any old profiles into nhancer.

It is very important if you are using Nhancer to reinstall nhancer after you have finished the Nvidia driver's installation, otherwise nhancer will not work.

fs_s.jpg

Atiba Broderick 969630
Posted
Posted

Yea this is not making sense I select the correct settings, open up the NVIDIA panel apply and i start the fs9 with the same jaggies.

hj.jpg

Nuriel Shem-Tov 1120623
Posted
Posted
Yea this is not making sense I select the correct settings, open up the NVIDIA panel apply and i start the fs9 with the same jaggies.

It should be either NHANCER or the Control Panel of nvidia.

leave the nvidia untouched (the AA and Filter) so it doesnt interfere with NHANCER.

More than that i dont know what else could be the issue.

fs_s.jpg

Atiba Broderick 969630
Posted
Posted

I reinstalled my drivers and now nhancer doesn't want to work now.

hj.jpg

Nuriel Shem-Tov 1120623
Posted
Posted
I reinstalled my drivers and now nhancer doesn't want to work now.

Hi Atiba,

As I wrote in my previous post:

It is very important if you are using Nhancer to reinstall nhancer after you have finished the Nvidia driver's installation, otherwise nhancer will not work.

good luck!

fs_s.jpg