You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Possible bug with proxy connection?

Freek Vandeursen 1101105

Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

Good evening,

During my online session tonight I did notice strange behavior in Euroscope twice.

My setup is as follows: I have 2 monitors. On my main monitor I'm running Euroscope with a direct connection to Vatsim and proxy server started on localhost. On my second monitor I'm running a second instance of Euroscope, connected to the proxy server. Both instances of Euroscope cover the same airport (EHAM), but different profile, sector file, ese file etc. In both instances the departure list is displayed, and most of the time these lists both display the same data (as expected). Twice though I noticed differences in the lists.

I edited the screenshots so they only show the interesting part.

First situation: on my main monitor (top list in the screenshot) the TP1001 has a squawk code [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned, on the 2nd monitor (bottom list, proxy connection) no squawk seems to be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned. The screenshot was taken a few minutes after the squawk was [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned (by another controller).

esproxyedit.jpg

Second situation: My main monitor (top list again) shows 1 plane in the departure list. My 2nd monitor (bottom list, proxy connection) however shows 2 planes. Again the screenshot was taken a few minutes after the Easyjet appeared. The Easyjet showed fine on my main monitor, but never showed on the departure list on that monitor.

esproxy2edit.jpg

Any thoughts on this?

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

Never seen this before, I run 4 screens through the poxy with different profiles and stuff but all show the same information all the time.

non-discript self importance signature

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

No real idea, but some thoughts:

I am trying to keep the main and the proxy clients synchronized, but they all separate processes and compiles all incoming information on their own. Different settings, different active airports, runways may cause different lists. Try making a log next time and test if you experience similar then you can repeat it it by playing back the log.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

Will do Gergely. I'll keep logs of my sessions and see if I can reproduce it in any way.

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg