You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Online ATC - East Coast Lite Up

Tim Murphy

Tim Murphy
Posted
Posted

Hi folks. This week it looks like we have a good presence in the eastern part of Canada. We had Montreal, Moncton, and Gander centre's online, as well as Boston, which is not common.

Glad to see more ATC, and i bet the pilots appreciate it more. When they exit the NAT's they had ATC the remainder of their flight covered, which was wonderful to see.

If anyone is logging on and wants a Moncton centre controller online you can email me, [email protected], or any of our other controllers(insert zqm controllers emails). If there is any traffic and you want to create more ATC presence i would love to help.

If there are any pilots who are looking for ATC in Moncton or Gander let us know so we can come online. If any pilots have any questions regarding Moncton airspace, feel free to respond, and the great group here in ZQM can answer them.

Thanks so much guys!

T

Help a newbie!

http://czqm.ca

QM/QX Instructor

Jean-Francois Desrosiers
Posted
Posted

Awesome ! As you said, Tim, is was great to control with all the east cost controllers !

Jean-Francois Desrosiers

Controller - Montreal FIR

VATSIM Network Supervisor

19.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
you have questions about the airports or procedures, feel free to post your questions here!

Tim

As promised, I flew from CYQM to CYYZ last night at 7 pm est departure. Please thank CYQM controller for me as he was very nice and kind coordinating my IRF clearance request and take off despite dealing with Vatsim servers' malfunction problems and his radar was not working properly.

I have question about CYQM. The Vatsim or VATCAN controllers at CYQM ask for taxi to runway 12 via taxiway A but in my FSX default CYQM, there is no taxiway A. There is taxiway D from terminal to runway 12 which involves crossing another runway. I am told that in real life, CYQM has new buildings and new taxiways. I am told that FSX and FS9 have outdated buildings and outdated runways.

Would any of you know if there is any update of new CYQM for FSX default CYQM so that I can properly carry out controllers' request to taxi from terminal to runway 12 using taxiway A that does not exist on my FSX?

Thanks,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Tim Murphy
Posted
Posted

Hi Aharon. Thanks for flying with us. Monday night was tough due to server problems. I was logged in as Moncton Terminal and would have handled your departure, but I was on a server that was split.

To help answer you question I am included a link to the ground chart for Moncton Airport.

http://czqm.vatcan.org/CYQM.html

Having a look at the ground chart, we are going to notice that the runway numbers have changed: old rw 12 is now rw 11.

When you were parked at the terminal the taxi instructions could be misleading if you do not have the updated scenery. This happens as airports update in the real world. A good practice is to view the charts online prior to taxi, just incase you do not have updated versions.

Your taxi instructions should be: A - C - backtrack rw 11.

Looking at the airport diagram on the northern part of the airport is the new building that is connected by taxiway Echo. You can download updated versions of the airport from the typical sites.

I hope you had fun - do you have any more questions about your flight in Moncton?

Thanks,

Tim

Help a newbie!

http://czqm.ca

QM/QX Instructor

Anthony Baker 1080999
Posted
Posted

ZAU S-2, Major Certified

ZAU S-1 Mentor

(Disclaimer: the post above does not necessarily express the opinion or stance of ZAU or ZAUs training program, this view is made by me and me alone)

7664.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

I decided to study FSX default CYQM again from skyview and discovered new thing.

FSX default CYQM does indeed have taxiway A but I discovered that FSX considers the building in front of taxiway D official p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]enger terminal with gates and the building in front of taxiway A is considered GA and cargo building hence me missing that!!!

So to get around that, when you do flight planning on FSX with waypoint routes, pick gate 8 or something which is GA gate of building in front of taxiway A and you will be fine following VATCAN controllers' order to taxi on taxiway A to runway.

OR otherwise you must notify VATCAN controllers that you are docked to p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]enger gate of old terminal in front of taxiway D.

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png