You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SIL and SEL

Eivind Fosse 818131

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

I'm experiencing two issues with the Sector Inbound and Sector Exit Lists (ES 3.1d). Maybe someone could tell me if they are working correctly or if there might be some problems. I think I can recall that these cases did not happen in ES 3.0?

1 - When I'm tracking an aircraft and hands it over to the next sector (while still inside my airspace), the aircraft will sometimes remain in my SEL, with the selected redundant colour, until it leaves my airspace. Other times it is removed immediately. Should it not always stay in the list until it is outside my airspace, and then be removed?

2 - Many aircrafts that I have had under my control will reappear in the sector inbound list. The aircraft will have the non-concerned colour and not display any COPN time or point (as the aircraft will not re-enter my sector). Should not the aircraft be completely removed from the lists?

Eivind

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

I did notice some irregularities with the lists as well.

What I found was that the departure list sometimes contains ACs that already have departed. Notice that this was connected with an outdated VATSIM data at that time. I regret I did not try to disable simulated traffic when that happened - next time I will.

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted
I did notice some irregularities with the lists as well.

What I found was that the departure list sometimes contains ACs that already have departed.

Yes, I've seen that too.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

The SEL list problem was already reported by the beta members. I will look after it.

But other things need some explanation:

- Planes may appear in the SIL list even if the plane will never come to your sector? All the arrivals to airports to selected as arrival in the active RWY dialog are shown in the SIL list.

- Departure list also may contain AC that are already departed, if the auto start FP tracks is disabled and no radar coverage on the ground.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

Well, what happens is that I'm online as CTR. Another controller is online below me as APP on a specific airport (ENGM_APP for example). A pilot has filed an flightplan to ENGM hence it appears in my SIL - with a COPN fix and time. When the aircraft enters my airspace I start tracking it, so therefore it is moved by ES to my SEL. Until now everything is as expected I guess.

Now I'll transfer the aircraft over to APP. He accepts it and now I'm finished with that aircraft. Therefore it should be removed from all my lists. That does not always happen though. The flight may now reappear in the SIL. This could perhaps be if the CTR below the TMA is controlled by me (by a priority mistake in the ESE file). But this does not seem to be the case as the aircraft will not display a sector entry time. So what else may cause the aircraft to reappear in the SIL when it is no longer a concern to me?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Can you check the ese never the less....if something is wrong there is no 100% guarantee the sector entry time will be shown as the track is already inside the sector

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Edvin,

I hinted that arrivals to airports you flag as active for arrival in the active RWY dialog will be shown in the SIL list even if it will not enter or already left your sector. Clear the airport arrival flag and it will not be presented in the SIL list.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Eivind Fosse 818131
Posted
Posted

I see.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

Eivind