You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Heading mess up in Hawaii

Kevin Jones 933133

Kevin Jones 933133
Posted
Posted

For some reason my Heading indicator always differs from ATC in Hawaii. This doesn't happen anywhere else. This has happened to me twice now and is starting to get a little annoying. Example: They tell me to set my heading to 255; My Hdg: 255; ATC Hdg: 170. Anyone have any ideas on what is going on?? It is kinda hard to get anywhere like that.

Javier Larroulet
Posted
Posted

happened to me once on a different location. After days of trial and error, I found out that a faulty addon scenery I had recently installed (for a completely different area) was causing the problem. Uninstalling such scenery blasted the problem out of my sight.

Similar thing happened to a friend after installing certain aircraft

My suggestion, try to figure out which sceneries/aircraft have you installed lately (and hopefully in which order) and try uninstalling the one by one (most recent first). If uninstalling any of these solves the problem, you'll have isolated the cause

Javier Larroulet (C3) - Chile vACC

18.png

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

It's called the Hawaiian Triangle....

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Michael Graham 923971
Posted
Posted

Hawaiian Triangle...like that other Triangle?

Chris McGee
Posted
Posted

No Worries,

I sent him direct to a fix and then in on the ILS for runway 4R. hehe

Chris McGee

Kevin Jones 933133
Posted
Posted

Scenery huh? Well, I guess that makes sense. I'll give it a try. I don't think it is the Hawaiin Triangle though. If it happens again I might start thinking that way.

Martin Georg 811874
Posted
Posted

Hi Kevin,

are you running FS2002? You may have an FS2004 AFCAD2 files somewhere in your sceneries which may cause the mess ...

best regards,

Martin Georg

3500.png

Kevin Jones 933133
Posted
Posted

Yes, I do have FS2002. I deleted some of my scenery and the situation is gone. I probably did download a FS2004 file. Thanks for everybody's help.