You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Website Assistance Requested

Todd Cox 814690

Todd Cox 814690
Posted
Posted

Looking for someone to help me in the creation of a VATSIM North America Region website. Please send all inquiries to [email protected].

Todd Cox

Founder, VUSN

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted
Looking for someone to help me in the creation of a VATSIM North America Region website. Please send all inquiries to [email protected].

There's already enough confusion here, no need for more.

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Edward McCoy 904185
Posted
Posted

Edward J. McCoy

Albuquerque ARTCC DATM

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted
:?

My comment might seem funny, but the fact of the matter is we have enough "web sites."

Why the hell does VATSIM want to create more confusion now?

doesn't make much sense to me...

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Lance,

There is a requirement in the CoR for each Region to have its own website, even if it is nothing more than links to the divisions within it.

A great example is Europe Region.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Marc Sykes 852946
Posted
Posted
My comment might seem funny, but the fact of the matter is we have enough "web sites."

+1

VATNA, as an entity, shouldn't even exist. It's redundant. VATUSA and VATCAN are large enough, and independent enough from each other, that they could easily report directly to the BoG and/or EC. It's not like Europe where you have tons of little countries all jumbled up and some sort of umbrella organization might be useful.

That said, if for some unknown reason VATNA needs to exist and needs to have a page, spend five minutes and put up a shell site with links to VATCAN and VATUSA. Then focus on getting those two prehistoric sites in order rather than diverting resources away from them.

Marc Sykes

Toronto ACC Trainee

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
VATEUR, as an entity, shouldn't even exist. It's redundant. VATUK, VATRUS and VATEUD are large enough, and independent enough from each other, that they could easily report directly to the BoG and/or EC. It's not like North America where you have tons of little artccs all jumbled up and some sort of umbrella organization might be useful.

Marc,

As you have identified, the website Todd seeks to build can be nothing more than a set of links to the two Divisions within his Region. Oceania has a single Division but still requires a Region website, something I am working on at the moment.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Josh Hjemvick 811983
Posted
Posted

+1

VATNA, as an entity, shouldn't even exist. It's redundant. VATUSA and VATCAN are large enough, and independent enough from each other, that they could easily report directly to the BoG and/or EC. It's not like Europe where you have tons of little countries all jumbled up and some sort of umbrella organization might be useful.

That said, if for some unknown reason VATNA needs to exist and needs to have a page, spend five minutes and put up a shell site with links to VATCAN and VATUSA. Then focus on getting those two prehistoric sites in order rather than diverting resources away from them.

+1 for sure.

CMEL.CSEL.IA.AGI.CFI.CFII.MEI.CRJ2.FO.Furloughed

Part of the Acey 80

811983.png