You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hong Kong i2i

Romano Lara

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

It's been a while since I last met a fellow VATSIM'er and I think that was Peter Binamira I last met and other RPHI FIR controllers, thos were back in 2007 or 2008 (i'm not sure) when the A380 first visited Manila and I think it's about time I meet new one's from a different country. I will be in HK around May, since it's gonna be our after graduation celebration and vacation grand'e. Perhaps a cup of coffee or lunch will do, and since I'm not really familiar with the goings in HK.. I'd be happy if someone tour me around the places, I'm also interested with the local cuisine!

I will keep this thread updated. I will also post 1 week before our flight, also, we will be staying in a CX provided housing for flight attendants. Hope to see you there if ever this idea push through.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted

Hi Romano,

On what dates will you be in HK? I am going to be around town after May 21.

Alfred Tang (934809)

Director | Hong Kong VACC

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Hi Alfred,

The dates are to be finalized but for sure it's gonna be somewhere within May. Probably some date earlier, or early June. Around 20 onwards, I'll let you know once I have the ticket.

Romano Lara

• 2 weeks later...
Roland Collins 800023
Posted
Posted

I work in China and in Hong Kong quite a few times a year but sadly my HKG stopovers have been cut back. Now I am mostly in transit but often at the airport terminal for several hours.

I will be at HKG airport 1115-1700 on Sun 18 April.

I am always happy to link up with VATSIM members; even if the limited time means it is only for a cup of coffee.

Cheers

Roland Collins

VATSIM co-Founder

VATSIM VP Regions

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

It would be an honor to meet you Roland, sir, but I'm not quite sure if April is going to be within the date range. Who knows, maybe suddenly the plan will be pulled back to an earlier time. The answer to the question when is not yet answered, so everything's still in plan. How about the HKvACC guys? A get together for the group, aviation discussions and a cup of coffee would be great.

Romano Lara

Roland Collins 800023
Posted
Posted

I always have an advance itinerary for my next 4-months of work related travel within China however; things often change and then I go where I am needed. Typically I stay for 4-weeks at each city location across China. Sadly Hong Kong is not a work location, only a transit port, but in the past I have sometimes managed to get a 4-5 day stopover in HKG.

The above date/time is from my advance itinerary. It may change at any time.

I will return to this thread and keep my HKG movements up to date for the first half of 2010.

It is very fortunate that my real world work has me travelling around China at this time since for a long time I have had a personal interest in the continuing development of VATSIM in mainland China.

The most important people in VATSIM are the pilots and controllers. Staff, whether local, regional or VATSIM are also important since their role is expressly to support VATSIM pilots and controllers in their on-line participation and to maximize the on-line experience.

Being able to meet up with some of those who make VATSIM what it is; is always a great privilege for me at any time.

Roland

William Woo 810764
Posted
Posted

If anyone happen to stopover in HKG, you can alway email me and I'll try my best to schedule a meeting with you.

I work in shift and have irregular working hours so I need some time to schedule everythings.

Cheers,

William Woo

William Woo

VATSIM - Asia Region Director

http://www.vatasia.net

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

I'm looking to leave by May 1 to stay until the 15th but this might be moved just in case there's a promo fare for other dates (sure is, it's going to be a 15 day stay at least), we're looking at Cebu Pacific. Any interested HK based members or others from different region/division who would like to spend a cup of tea/coffee please let me know, through this forums ONLY. In order for me to ensure who I'm going to meet and to verify that you're a VATSIM member..

Romano Lara

Alfred Tang
Posted
Posted

There are several mainland China controllers who live in Hong Kong. Let me get in touch with them when you have your confirmed itinerary ready and see if you guys want to meet up at HKIA for plane spotting or for lunch in Central or whatever.

Alfred Tang (934809)

Director | Hong Kong VACC

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted
There are several mainland China controllers who live in Hong Kong. Let me get in touch with them when you have your confirmed itinerary ready and see if you guys want to meet up at HKIA for plane spotting or for lunch in Central or whatever.

Will do that, Al. Thanks for the accommodation!

Romano Lara