You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Navigation system on Wilco A320 goes nuts

Darrol Larrok 1140797

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

Every once in a while, particularly when I'm off course(usually because ATC decided to vector me for eternity), and I give the FMC a command to proceed direct to a waypoint(to return to the course) it will decided to head to TP, a new waypoint created at the planes present position it will list this point as over 100nm away and proceed to try to fly in a giant circle to head to it. I can delete TP, but then the next waypoint, although shown on the nav display in the correct place will be listed hundreds of NM away and the aircraft will try to turn around and apparently go in a giant circle to get there. This is impossible to correct for the rest of the flight. In addition , the flight plan lines on the nav display will often split and appear forked or simply look there are multiple lines branching off from each other.

When this happens, I can actually still follow the FP line on the screen, since the forks are generally behind me. However, I have to do this either manually, or by setting the heading, since the autopilot will attempt to turn around.

It is fully updated.

sig.php?pilot=1199&type=101

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

It's no Majestic Dash 8 so it cannot fly straight

seriously though,

I believe the Wilco airbus has a lot more quirks that are not really fixable.

I read the Avsim forums and the quirks pop up regularly overthere,

Maybe try a topic with them or at the feelthere forums?

cheers

Tom.

f1cert.gif

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

Thanks

Darrol Larrok 1140797
Posted
Posted

Sorry to bump this, but this issue also occurs any time I'm being vectored and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] a waypoint without hitting it. It won't display TP but it will list it as being further than it is and the autopilot will try to fly in circles.

• 10 months later...
Peter King
Posted
Posted

sounds like this is a common issue...

[Remainder deleted. Please dont circomevent the profanity filters. NB 870575]

Pete King - REAL WORLD AIRLINE FLIGHT OPS GUY