You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Direct to in simulator

Freek Vandeursen 1101105

Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

When using the simulator in Euroscope I noticed the following behaviour. When [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning headings, speeds, temporary altitudes etc in the aircraft tags the simulator accepts this as commands and makes the aircraft follow these commands. However, when I enter a fix or navaid in the scratchpad then the drawn route displays the route to the navaid but the aircraft remains flying it's current heading.

Is this the intended behaviour or should the simulator change the heading to fly to the fix / navaid?

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Simply entering in the scratch pad wont do it. What you do is simply typing something in there but for ES that is not a active command. If you want to direct the acft to a point enter it via the COPX/FIR_COPX menu. Or add the "direct to" tag item and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign it a function "open next points popup list"

Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the answer Todor. What confused me was that the drawn flight route does reflect the direct to, but the simulator ignores it. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the same behaviour for both simulator and route drawing?

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

What I mean is that ES doesn't recognise the scratch pad entry as a command for simulator (like turn heading, descend/climb and e.c.t), but does recognise it as a direct to. So it does what it should. But doesn't mean it is the best way Will add it to the bug list.

Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

Thanks again for the quick answer Todor. The simulator does work great already, recognizing the directs would just make it even easier to use.

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg