You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Looking for help/instruction/someone to fly with

Andrew Staheli 1145952

Andrew Staheli 1145952
Posted
Posted

Hello, my name is Andrew Staheli and I am 22.

I am a student pilot at KNQA - Millington Municipal (Real world). I just discovered Flight simming recently and I love it.

I am wondering if anyone would like to fly with me either side by side in cockpit or seperately, I have FSnet but don't really know how to use it.

I am still a bit intimidated by talking on the radio, mostly because I'm not sure who to talk to and when to talk to them. I don't know all the terms, but I can get by barely.

I have around 2hrs flight time on vatsim, I made a cross-country from Cincinattti to Indianapolis solo and it was nerve racking because I didn't want to mess up, but ATC was very helpful to me. I arrived and made a nice, safe landing in my C172. Oh and I fly one 100% realism settings, I don't want to jip myself on the experience.

So if anyone wants to give me lessons, I'm up for it! Thanks. In the meantime, I will be trying to learn all I can on my own.

Thanks,

Andrew

edit: I am only doing VFR for the moment, I don't think I am quite ready for IFR.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Hi Andrew, check out http://pilotcerts.laartcc.org it has sample transcripts for all the v1-3 and i1-9 lessons, that will give you a gr8 idea on how to go about it. Since you are a r/w student pilot, you may already know most of it, but you can take those lessons verbatim with those transcripts and maybe it will help you alleviate some fears. Knowing what to say before saying it is for the most part what matters .

You should also post your availability so folks available at the same time can volunteer.

Good luck, and keep the blue side up!!

Cheers!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Andrew Staheli 1145952
Posted
Posted

Thanks! I'll check it out.

my availability, since im currently unemployed and a college student:

MWF 8am-4pm

TR 3:30-4:30( or sometimes later, just ask)

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

I fly during the hrs of 9p-12a PST most of the days, if at any time u r available, let me know, I'll join ya, or come by over to SFO where I am most likely on TWR, I can certainly try and help ya. I am not a r/w anything btw. Hopefully somebody else can help ya from ur area!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1