You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Routing problem.

tom van der elst

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

I can't get a route accepted for EPKT-EDDF.

Have searched Vataware,Vatroute,Routefinder,

and no matter what I try,no route is accepted,

they all have problems,and half of them I don't know how to fix.

I've been on it for an hour and it is aggravating me so I'm gonna quit and turn it over to

the folks with more knowledge:

Anyone that knows an approved route from EPKT to EDDF?

This is but one of the rejected routes according to airac 1002

VEBEX W700 GUBKO UM992 VAMBO UL984 SULUS Z12 WUR Z744 LEPSA T161 PSA

ERRORS AT FL = 290:

(FPL-LOT001-IS -B738/M-SDRWY/S -EPKT1150 -N0430F290 VEBEX W700 GUBKO UM992 VAMBO UL984 SULUS Z12 WUR Z744 LEPSA T161 PSA -EDDF0127 -0) -ERROR PROF204: RS: TRAFFIC VIA BOMBI UL984 FFM OSBIT UL984 LOHRE RASPU UL984 OSBIT KOMIB UL984 RASPU SULUS UL984 KOMIB LONLI UL984 SULUS KULOK UL984 LONLI ABERU UL984 KULOK 5004N01216E UL984 ABERU OKG UL984 5004N01216E ESATI UL984 BOMBI LOHRE UL984 ESATI IS ON FORBIDDEN ROUTE REF:[EDLK1017H] UL984 OKG FFM

-ERROR PROF205: RS: TRAFFIC VIA BOMBI UL984 FFM OSBIT UL984 LOHRE RASPU UL984 OSBIT KOMIB UL984 RASPU SULUS UL984 KOMIB LONLI UL984 SULUS KULOK UL984 LONLI ABERU UL984 KULOK 5004N01216E UL984 ABERU OKG UL984 5004N01216E ESATI UL984 BOMBI LOHRE UL984 ESATI IS OFF MANDATORY ROUTE REF:[EDLK1017A] UL984 OKG FFM

Other routes I have tried yield the same results,

so if someone could fix a flyable ánd accepted by vroute route for me,

I'd be very grateful.

f1cert.gif

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

oh I am getting so frustrated over this.

Whatever route I try for EPKT-LYBE or EPKT-EDDF

I get minimum "Sid limit is exceeded for EPKT" .

the airport doesn't háve published sids,for crying out loud!

f1cert.gif

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

Ok,

that's it.

I've been at it from 9 o'clock this morning,and I still haven't flown a mile,

so I'll just dump a substandard flightplan into FSbuild and then go fly.

I never knew routing could be this frustrating.

I do however hope someone can explain why I get sid limit exceeded with évery waypoint starting

from EPKT.

It aggravates the hell outta me,I can tell ya that.

's Gonna be a hárd landing at LYBE,that's for sure

f1cert.gif

Freek Vandeursen 1101105
Posted
Posted

A route from Airac 0811 Tom, with a slight adjustment to correct some errors:

VEBEX W700 GUBKO UM992 VAMBO UL984 DONAD UT170 RAPET T170 GAPLA T173 GED

The Eurocontrol validater accepts it.

DA_f100_pilot_01.jpg

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

Vroute doesn't,but thanks for trying,Freek

ERROR: Unknown airway/waypoint LYBE (or is not part of LYBE, or LYBE is an airway that does not include GED)

nowhere in the route does LYBE feature but I've had it with Vroute for now.

It's driving me insane.

f1cert.gif

Krzysztof Szerszen 861225
Posted
Posted

Because it's not a good idea to enter a route to EDDF (that's what Freek gave you) if you want to fly to LYBE

Realistic ultra-intolerant.

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted
Because it's not a good idea to enter a route to EDDF (that's what Freek gave you) if you want to fly to LYBE

aha.

can you also explain why the other 17 routes I tried did not work,then?

f1cert.gif

Phillip Speer
Posted
Posted

Hi Tom,

Just ran your first route through the CFMU validator available from the [url-https://www.cfmu.eurocontrol.int/PUBPORTAL/gateway/spec/index.html] CFMU NOP[/url] Select the structured editor underneath IFPUV on the right hand side.

If you look at the error code at the end (REF EDLK1017H). The ED specifies an error in the German part. If you look in the Route Availability Docomeent (RAD - left hand side of NOP above), select the current AIRAC and then the German (ED) docomeent. Search for 1017 you will find that UL984 is not available for "Dest. EDDF/FE, ETOU

This traffic shall file via RAPET-T170-GAPLA"

Unfortunately it won't give you a new correct flight plan but at least you know where the incorrect section is.

After a bit of playing I got the same route that Freek pasted (should have read all the posts first) with one exception:

VEBEX W700 GUBKO UM992 VAMBO UL984 DONAD/N0400F240 T170 GAPLA T173 GED

The CFMU validator wouldn't accept without the step down given that T170 is a lower airway.

I've also ran this through VRoute (AIRAC 1001) which it accepted so hopefully will be added.

Phillip

Edit - Just had an email from VRoute moderators saying that the above route has been accepted.

VATSIM UK Divisional Instructor

Alexander Cohrs
Posted
Posted

Hi Tom,

I know the frustration you get when you try to build a new route and can't get it accepted. However, with some more experience, you will find out it get's easier every time.

Phillip gave the correct advice: If you got troubles with any segment of a route, the first choice is to take a look at the RAD. Sometimes it already helps to mind a specific altitude restriction, sometime you get a hint for a rerouting.

Also, please mind that routes in the western part of Germany are always difficult due to the restrictions. I used to be admin for the EDDK routes at VATROUTE, so I know the problems. However, if you find one workaround, you can use it for the next times. Sometimes you even can create new routes by combining segments of other routes. So as mentioned: It gets easier by the time.

By the way: Personally, I had most troubles with routes via France, especially if it touches the Paris area. So if you want a really tough challenge, try anything there

Alex

gen.php?img=_5_1&cid=899395

Oliver Smith
Posted
Posted

Here's a real FPL for the route: VEBEX M992 GUBKO UM992 VAMBO UL984 DONAD UT170 RAPET T170 GAPLA T173 GED

B738 at FL290

RJ85 FPL: DCT VEBEX M992 ANAKO/N0400F320 UM992 VAMBO UL984 DONAD UT170 RAPET T170 GAPLA T173 GED GED2W

FL240 ALTN EDDS

Results

NO ERRORS

siggy.png