You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

HDMI to VGA

Bela Szucs 1118447

Bela Szucs 1118447
Posted
Posted

Hi I am looking to add a second monitor to my PC, I have one VGA and one HDMI output from my graphics card. I currently am using the VGA. I don't have much money, just enough to buy a 18 inch monitor that has VGA input. Is ther an HDMI to VGA converter? Is that possible?

I would appreciate any comments thanks

Bela

Bela Szucs

UAL3315

Paul Tutty
Posted
Posted

There is a way to do it, but it's like trying to run a corvette through quicksand as VGA has much less bandwidth than HDMI, even if this converter manages to get your analog video and audio converted to a digital signal so that HDMI can work with it.

You're much better off saving for a monitor that has a HDMI input and then using a cheap HDMI cable from amazon (currently $3.15 with free shipping) to make it work correctly.

You can currently pick up a 20" Dell with HDMI input for under $150. If you can extend to it, I do highly recommend saving an extra $50 for this HDMI-enabled 23" LG. I currently run this myself and enjoy it very much.

UV0023.png