You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC Possision openings?

Tyler Sampson 943619

Tyler Sampson 943619
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone!

I am a bit new to VATSIM but have been flying FS for a some time now. I was wondering if it is possible to apply for an ATC possision mainly operating in South Africa but any where else will be fine aswell.

By the way. For the time that I have been flying on VATSIM, i think it is absolutely the BEST!!!

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted

Egypt VACC opened last September 15th, and we're looking for new ATC. Check it out www.egypt-vacc.org

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??

Tyler Sampson 943619
Posted
Posted

Thanks, will do that.

• 3 months later...
William Thomas Everton 827
Posted
Posted

Gents (Sallam),

I made a post in another thread about wanting to control OTBD (Doha Intl, Qatar).

I am STU+ ATC rated and have just changed my division to the Middle East. I fly into and out of Doha with quite some frequency and have access to all SIDS and STARS for OTBD and surrounds. I was wondering if someone could send me the GULF_FSS sector file so i could open up ATC there and provide coverage to what i belive is very interesting Airspace.

I reaslise that above APP that Qatar Airspace is primarly looked after by Bahrain but i would be concentrating on OTBD (Doha).

I would really like the opportunity to do ATC in the middle east at an airport that i am comfortable with already.

My VATSIM ID is 827857 if you want to check up on my time online as a ATC.

my email is [email protected] (if someone could send me the GULF_FSS sector file or any file that has DOHA on it i would be very much indebted to you.

I look forward to hearing from somone soon.

and Inshallah doing ATC for all you guys in the near future.

William (( Hoepfully soon to be DOHA RADAR.... : ) ))

Shadi Abo Ahmad 812866
Posted
Posted

Hi William,

I will be in touch with you. Wait for my email

It would be great to have you controlling here.

Gents (Sallam),

I made a post in another thread about wanting to control OTBD (Doha Intl, Qatar).

I am STU+ ATC rated and have just changed my division to the Middle East. I fly into and out of Doha with quite some frequency and have access to all SIDS and STARS for OTBD and surrounds. I was wondering if someone could send me the GULF_FSS sector file so i could open up ATC there and provide coverage to what i belive is very interesting Airspace.

I reaslise that above APP that Qatar Airspace is primarly looked after by Bahrain but i would be concentrating on OTBD (Doha).

I would really like the opportunity to do ATC in the middle east at an airport that i am comfortable with already.

My VATSIM ID is 827857 if you want to check up on my time online as a ATC.

my email is [email protected] (if someone could send me the GULF_FSS sector file or any file that has DOHA on it i would be very much indebted to you.

I look forward to hearing from somone soon.

and Inshallah doing ATC for all you guys in the near future.

William (( Hoepfully soon to be DOHA RADAR.... : ) ))

Shadi Abo Ahmad

VATAME - VATIL

Ilan Jonas 860311
Posted
Posted

Welcome aboard William, will be great to have you with us!

Ilan Jonas

Senior Instructor-I3

Former Vatsim Africa/Middle East Region Director(2004-2012)

http://www.vatame.net

Andrew Banner 847935
Posted
Posted

Look forward to seeing Doha open real soon!

Regards,

Andy Banner

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted

Good luck William,

You got long to go, if you need help, let me know

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??

Posted
Posted

Gents,

Due to the nature of the work im doing for the Melbourne Commonwealth Games 2006 i will be able to be with solid internet conectivity one weekend in every 3 ( every 3rd Weekend). At this stage.

Untill the games is finished. (I am looking forward to watching the Asian Games 2006 in Doha if i can as well).

If someone could send me a sector file for the Bahrain region, i can be up and running ASAP. And am as stated before very keen to be online and controlling Doha Radar.

Lookforward to that email and getting up and running ASAP.

William.

The more traffic to the region the better is my belief, i really want to see VATME become one of the front runners in inovation and creativity within the VATSIM network, there is so much un-touched potential awating us all, both ATC and Pilots alike.

Clear Skies and Full scopes to you all.

William Everton.

P.S " Qatari Zero Zero Two, Turn Right 300, closing heading, RWY34 Cleared to land"

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
Posted

Gents,

Just letting you know im still alive and the Melbourne Commonwealth Games lead-up is going well. The work intensity is increasing as you would expect prior to an event such as this. I still will be getting Doha Radar up and running asap, I got my ASRC ready with all the frequencies put in last weekend. And the weekend before last you may have seen me as Doha TWR online for about 5minutes testing it out.

So i am ready to rock and roll as Doha Radar as soon as i can get back to a Stable internet connection, Please feel free to come and do a circut if you see me online, not only to fly in such an intersting region that is the middle east.... thats why we are here isnt it? But to get my ATC brain working again!!....heheheh.

Look forward to seeing you all soon both in the Virtual Air and on the Virtual Scope.

William Everton (Doha Radar!)

Best Wishes to you all.

Ali Abou-Zeid
Posted
Posted

Good luck William. We all got a long way to go

Ali Abou-Zeid

866739.jpg

What Centreline??