You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

How to Convert FS9 A/C into FSX

Julian Tally 984861

Julian Tally 984861
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone,

Can anyone plz tell me how to install my FS9 aircrafts to FSX? I tried to do it but it my VA planes wouldn't show up on FSX. Im aware of FSX has the simobjects to install the planes in, but for some reason, I can't seem to find any of my aircrafts. Plz help

Thanks!!

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Hi Julian,

usually they work, as in they appear, but panels etc might not work depending on how old the gauges were, but in many cases they work.

Where exactly did you copy the aircraft folder into? - is it under fsx\simobjects\airplanes or some other folder?

Does the aircraft have a panel folder? - If not I think it [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umes its an AI acft only

Did you copy all the gauges that the acft uses from the fs9\gauges folder to the fsx\gauges folder? - this won't affect the acft showing up in the selection list, but it will affect the panels.

Otherwise, it is pretty much a straight forward copy. Paywares might behave differently or may not work, but I have some paywares which work, acft wise, panels is another story.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1