You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Allowing friends and family to hear both conversations

David Pierce 1105688

David Pierce 1105688
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Is it possible to configure mic and speakers so my friends and family could listen to both sides of conversation, both myself and ATC ? When I plug in my headset/mic it mutes the speakers so they cannot hear anything but me speaking to ATC.

Dave Pierce

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

if you use squawkbox its pretty easy if you have dual sound card or USB headset. just have your comm2 go to your speakers then tune it. your comm1 will go to your headset and comm2 to your speakers

David Pierce 1105688
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ernesto. I don't have squawkbox but your idea should work if I add another sound card shouldn't it?

Dave

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

depends if FSINN is able to split comm1 and comm2, dont remember

Christopher Mauro
Posted
Posted

Default device option in Squawkbox?

Chris Mauro

David Pierce 1105688
Posted
Posted

Thanks Christopher. Kind of looks like the consensus is to use Squawkbox. I'll look into it.

Dave Pierce

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

You can do what you require with FSinn also but what you need is to have a USB device (headset) and Windows Vista at least.

Vista allows you to have two different sound outputs. There is no need for two sound cards.

Thge other alternative is to plug your headset output through your speaker system, your friends wouldnt hear you comms over the speakers butthat wouldn't matter as they would be in the same room as you but they would hear pilots and other atc coming through the speakers.

I used to this for along time before I got my usb headset.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks

Jonas Eberle
Posted
Posted

Another alternative: http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html . It is not freeware.

I use it for splitting TeamSpeak and VATSIM voice to right and left on my headset, but it also allows to route VATSIM voice to several outputs.

It is a software voice routing tool, so to say.

Nice to hear that Vista supports multiple outputs by core. A feature that several sound servers in Linux (e.g. jackd, pulseaudio) have incorporated since years

• 4 weeks later...
Patrik Yngver
Posted
Posted

The easiest is just to get a $3 splitter that allows you to connect the headphones and speakers simultaneously, that's what I did to get dual headsets as it works on the mic-plug too.

Patrik Yngvér

VATSIM Thailand vACC Deputy Director

C3 ENR Controller

ESNO, Sweden

spacer.png