You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Feature request, ability to adjust colour according to group

Johan Grauers

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Well the topic might be a bit odd, but what I really want is this.

Yesterday I was replacing some fix-names and putting in some new stuff using freetext. Mostly to be able to put the name in a better place (it might end up over something else if displayed as is standard by the fix). And I realised something that I've noticed before.

Would it be possible to allow colour to be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned according to group and not just type of object. What I'm trying to say is that if I have diffrent sorts of freetext, say I have "VFR points" and "altitude restrictions". Then I want to be able to make the VFR points one colour and the altitude restrictions another. As far as I can tell right now I can only set one value to all freetext entries (thus making both the VFR points and altitudes appear in the same colour).

Would it be possible to change this? Perhaps so that you can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign colour according to the group, or maybe even individually to each point (or both ).

Maybe not the most important feature but if it's made true I belive it would make it easier to handle freetext wich is a really usefull tool (in my opinion anyway ).

On a side note:

I was just thinking regarding to text, yesterday I had problems with two fixes beeing close to eachother and the names sort of melt together unless you zoom in. Would it be possible to adjust the text display of one of the fixes without moving the fix itself or using freetext (my freetext is wrong size and colour and I need it for other stuff otherwise I would've used it). All my fixes are right now adjusted left center I belive, but if I could adjust that text alone to be diffrent I could easily solve the problem. But maybe these kind of exceptions are hard to program?

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

They are not hard to program, just will take too much PC resources. The request it copied to the beta forum.

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted
They are not hard to program, just will take too much PC resources. The request it copied to the beta forum.

Ah ok, could you post a link to the beta forum so I can post my ideas there in the future?

Johan Grauers

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

The beta is closed for now for non-beta members.

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Okdok, then I'll just keep posting here, thanks anyway

Johan Grauers