You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Help Needed

Alex Shorey 1141557

Alex Shorey 1141557
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone.

I'm new to Vatsim, I have FSInn setup Correctly i think,

But i still havent done my First Flight, As for one i'm Bloody Nervous about doing it, Secondly, I'm not 100% sure where to start,

I Wondered if anyone Would Give up an Hour of there time, Just so that i can Check everything is setup Correctly, And how i go About Doing My 1st Flight within Vatsim.

Thank you in Advance.

Regards

Alex (1141557)

Gareth Williams 840232
Posted
Posted

Hi Alex,

you might find a lot of folks are a bit absorbed with the Cross The Pond event this weekend.

However, a few pointers and a bit of a checklist:

Have you read the prc? www.vatsim.net/prc

Have you connected at an airfield (at a gate, not on the active runway) and been able to check voice/text comms with a controller?

How much FS experience do you have? Are you looking to pootle around in a Cessna or are you hoping to jump right in and fly your 737?

Cheers,

Gareth

Shane Lorigan 1080266
Posted
Posted

Hi alex, my advice would be start small, my first flight was in an r22 with just Shannon control on line.

But i'd suggest starting at an airfield you know in an aircraft you know and just do a few circuits, try to be online with atc preferable tower/approach but it's not required, you'll get a big boost once you do it.

Helicopters All the way

10398.png

Fly Shannon

Proud Eiresim Customer

Alex Shorey 1141557
Posted
Posted

Hi.

Thank you all for your Replies,

I'm not to hot on Circuit's, But i have been Flying FS for 3 and a half Years i know how to Fly, Just not With ATC.

I have heard ATC, Not Actually spoke, so i'm not sure if the way i'm setup is correct, That's what i wanted to Check.

Yes i have read The PRC, But it Still In some parts a bit Confusing, but i will Get there,

I Would just like to know how i can Check if everything Is setup the way it should be, IE FSinn.

Regards

Alex

Gareth Williams 840232
Posted
Posted

Hi ,

I would suggest that you check on Vatspy or Servinfo to find a field that has some ATC online and then logon while parked at a gate.

I'm sure the controller wouldn't mind helping you check out that you have voice setup correctly and if you time it right you may be able to confirm that you are able to see other aircraft.

Cheers,

Gareth

Alex Shorey 1141557
Posted
Posted

Hello.

I Have Got those Programs, i just Got to go for it.

Difficult trying to find A controller Day time in Uk.

Thank's to everyone for the Replies And Help.

Regards

Alex

Gareth Williams 840232
Posted
Posted

Are you available now?

I can logon to a TWR somewhere and get you sorted

Edit to add: EGNX_TWR is currently online