You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Help Wanted - Chief - ZMP

Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted (edited)

Minneapolis needs you folks! Applications will be accepted at vatusa1@vatusa (dot) org NLT 15 October. JOb description available at the VATUSA home page.

Edited by Guest

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Jay Hsu 926068
Posted
Posted

Wheres Fred? I havent heard from him lately. I see he is no longer the cheif. I'd like to know what happened.

Jay Hsu

ZME ARTCC

VATPRC Resource Manager

http://www.vatprc.net

Michael Graham 923971
Posted
Posted
Pretty hard to write this post fellows, but the time has come. I am stepping down as ZMP Chief. My last day should be around the 15th of this month, depending on when VATUSA opens up applications, and the time frame they will put on them.

I don't know how much of a shock this is, but it has been something I put a lot of thought in to. I have always thought that part of my job as a Chief is to not only administer this place, but to provide you guys with a reason to be here. I suppose a sense of community (which I really hope I have created) fulfills this to a degree, but we all know it is no fun to be a controller and not push tin. While the tin has been a little better in general, it isn't great and it is apparent that my best attempts have not come to fruition. You guys deserve the best, and my best isn't good enough.

The traffic isn't the whole reason. College has also took some of my down time to do things, and as a consequence I am sure someone out there in VATUSA will be able to hopefully give this place the full attention it deserves. Like I said, you guys deserve the best.

Blue Skies!s

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

Fred,

Excellent effort. I feel you made the best effort anyone could have asked for. The graph below says it all...

msp_time.PNG

RJ

Jason Harris 877712
Posted
Posted

I agree. Fred has done a wonderfull job of bringing enthusiasm back to ZMP and getting controllers on the scopes (even without traffic many times ). I want to personally thank you Fred for all the work you've done. I hope we can find a chief that'll be able to continue the good things you've done. Take care.

Jason Harris

3712.png

Michael Graham 923971
Posted
Posted

Its with great honor that I proudly state what a wonderful organization you have put together. Great job, and hope to see you on the scopes.

Mark Lee 855721
Posted
Posted

The graph is a perfect illustration of the wonderful job you have done up there, Fred. Keep in touch with us down south!

Mark Lee

Senior Controller

VATeir - Irish Region

Joshua Ridderhoff 873800
Posted
Posted

Fred,

If you're listening to this thread, best of luck to ya! It's been a pleasure having you on my northwest flank these past months. I know for certain that I've handed off & accepted a lot more tracks over Dickinson since you've been around. Sorry we never got around to throwing an event together.

Cheers!

Josh Ridderhoff

ZLC [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Chief

/s/ Josh Ridderhoff

ZLC Senior Controller

Fly ZLC! | ZLC Pilot & Controller Forums

Fred Clausen
Posted
Posted

I'm still here...can't get rid of me that easy (to the chagrin of some )

I appreciate the kind words gents. It was a great pleasure to be able to serve the VATUSA community by working on ZMP. I happened to inherit a lot of good things when I took over ZMP, and I got lucky when it came all together. I of course am taking full credit

And Mark, you may live to regret wanting me to keep in touch with you guys

Fred Clausen, vZAB ATM

ZAB real life