You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

cd rom problem

Sam Edwards 1117162

Sam Edwards 1117162
Posted
Posted

is it possible to copy fs onto a portable hard drive then put it into program files on another computer and it will still work?

Life is what you make it

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Sounds suspicious

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Sam Edwards 1117162
Posted
Posted

lol? ok heres the problem the D drive wont open so i tryed installing the game on drive below it i think its the dvd drive and first of all it got to disk 2 second time it got to disk 3 , then i couldnt get p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed disk 1 again i think the problem is its asking me to put it disks in D drive and my 1 is not working so im putting it in the other drive now im trying to copy it from my other pc i had it installed on .

sounds suspicious ?

Life is what you make it

Kyle Koskey 1067284
Posted
Posted
Sounds suspicious

Maybe but I wouldn't necesarrily [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that right away. In fact I was forced to copy the disk image to my hard drive in order to install FSX because my dvd drive would halt after a while of trying to install and would do that every time. I was however able to copy the contents of the disk to my hard drive and the install went fine. I eventually got a new dvd drive(actually an old one from another computer of mine) and never had an issue again.

Sam Edwards 1117162
Posted
Posted

great i guess it will work for me then

Life is what you make it

Sam Edwards 1117162
Posted
Posted

i got it working but now when i try to add my payware it says

installation cannot complete , you do not have microsoft flight simulator instalcould anyone help me with away around this

Life is what you make it

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
great i guess it will work for me then

Kyle's post describes a different procedure - he copied the contents of the DVD to a hard drive and then ran setup. It's not surprising that none of your payware will install - you don't have any of the FS registry entries.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Sam Edwards 1117162
Posted
Posted

problem solved!

Life is what you make it

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
problem solved!

Don't you just hate it when someone says that?

Just exactly how was the problem solved, just in case there may be other forum participants reading this? Like ME, for example

It's like having a long thread where lots of people put in their 2c and it bandies back and forth, everyone trying to see what the issue is and trying to help fix it, with some good and maybe some not-so-good suggestions (but remember - this is a LEARNING environment), then the OP says, "OK never mind, got it."

Words fail me (for once).

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Michael Fishman 987045
Posted
Posted

Perhaps he used the registry tool? Not sure though...

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library