You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Not Showing up

Gavin Bernard 1026637

Gavin Bernard 1026637
Posted
Posted

Hello all. I recently learned how to use Euroscope so I hopped on JKF_TWR they heard me fine. Two hours later I log back on with the same info and I wasn't showing up to pilots. Any fix to this? I realy love Euroscope but if people can't see me I can't use it. I also couldn't see JFK_GND who was online.

ZOB EC, Mentor                         Have an event you'd like ZOB staffing for? Email [email protected]

?cid=1026637

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Did you try to reset the sector center point? Use the

* .rcenter

Use this command to override the default range center position. The range position is claculated in EuroScope as follows: The default value is the one defined in the sectorfile. But if the login name first four letters match any airport name from the sectorfile, then the airport will be the center of the visible range (this way TWR positions with small range values will surely see what they need). By defining another point you can change the center of your visual range anytime. EuroScope needs some 10-15 seconds to publish the position and to update the visible elements.

Syntax:

.rcenter <object>

and

* .dcenter

Use this command to override the default latitude/longitude aspect ratio center. As default EuroScope calculates the length of one degree at the position defined in the sectorfile then uses it everywhere. That could be quite incorrect if you are too far from the equator. By defining another point you can change the center point of the display.

Syntax:

.dcenter <object>

http://euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Command_Line_Reference

Most likely your sector file is having wrong coordinates or ES didn't load them correctly. Try this and let us know if it did the trick.

Also be sure to set the correct range and facility type in ES.

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted

Hi Todor,

I wonder, the behavior you mentioned with callsigns matching the airport name, does this behavior work with three-character airport names? In the U.S., if somebody is controlling KCVG, the tower will be using the callsign CVG_TWR.

In my case, for the vZID sector file, for every position I included a latitude/longitude center point. This is not completely clear in my memory, but I think one problem I remember having was, no matter what position I connect in, the visibility centerpoint would always be FLM (FLM is the sector file default centerpoint).

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

Only G can now, if the three letter airports are processed with three letter callsigns. But if ES loads the default position always....I can guess....no

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Sorry, but it will not work. At the moment ES looks for an airport named as the first four chars in your callsign. You should have CVG_ airport to find it.

But I guess you not showing up status comes from a wrong facility type. It is a common mistake that you let it as observer and even if you callsign is CVG_TWR the server treats you as an observer and does not show you for pilot clients.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Karl Kornel 964857
Posted
Posted

In my case, it was not too hard to fix this problem. It is just a matter of adding the visibility center point to the appropriate entries in the [POSITIONS] section of the .ese file.

For example, you probably have entries that look like this:

Port Columbus ATIS:-:124.600:PA:A:KCMH:ATIS:KCMH:ATIS
Port Columbus N Approach:-:125.950:1N:N:CMH:APP:CMH:APP:7301:7377
Port Columbus S Approach:-:119.150:1S:S:CMH:APP:CMH:APP:7301:7377
Port Columbus Satellite Approach:-:118.200:1T:T:CMH:APP:CMH:APP:7301:7377
Port Columbus Tower:-:132.700:1T:C:CMH:TWR:CMH:TWR:7301:7377
Port Columbus Ground:-:121.900:1G:-:CMH:GND:CMH:GND:7301:7377
Port Columbus Clearance:-:126.300:1C:-:CMH:DEL:CMH:DEL:7301:7377

You need to change the entries so that they look like this:

Port Columbus ATIS:-:124.600:PA:A:KCMH:ATIS:KCMH:ATIS
;Center point: COJEZ
Port Columbus N Approach:-:125.950:1N:N:CMH:APP:CMH:APP:7301:7377:N040.01.14.819:W082.53.25.040
Port Columbus S Approach:-:119.150:1S:S:CMH:APP:CMH:APP:7301:7377:N040.01.14.819:W082.53.25.040
Port Columbus Satellite Approach:-:118.200:1T:T:CMH:APP:CMH:APP:7301:7377:N040.01.14.819:W082.53.25.040
;Center point: KCMH
Port Columbus Tower:-:132.700:1T:C:CMH:TWR:CMH:TWR:7301:7377:N039.59.46.400:W082.53.20.100
Port Columbus Ground:-:121.900:1G:-:CMH:GND:CMH:GND:7301:7377:N039.59.46.400:W082.53.20.100
Port Columbus Clearance:-:126.300:1C:-:CMH:DEL:CMH:DEL:7301:7377:N039.59.46.400:W082.53.20.100

Finding a center point is easy to do. For TWR, GND, and DEL, just use the airport's latitude and longitude as the center point. For APP and DEP, do this: Move your radar display until the airspace is in the middle of the screen. Turn on all fixes, and find the fix that is closest to the center of your screen. Use that fix's latitude and longitude as your airspace center point.

A. Karl Kornel - vZID C1, FE, and Mentor

Smoke Bomb! POOF

• 1 month later...
Richard Webb 1097731
Posted
Posted

Not to bring up a few month old topic, but....

Finding a center point is easy to do. For TWR, GND, and DEL, just use the airport's latitude and longitude as the center point. For APP and DEP, do this: Move your radar display until the airspace is in the middle of the screen. Turn on all fixes, and find the fix that is closest to the center of your screen. Use that fix's latitude and longitude as your airspace center point.

You can also type .distance and a space and then click the center point you want on the display and the coordinates will be inserted after the .display command. You can then use those in your ese file.

-Rich