You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

LKPR taxiway block

Terry MacAskill 1004042

Terry MacAskill 1004042
Posted
Posted

hi,i apologise but i am not sure who to about this,earlier tonight 10/4/10 i was sitting at LKPR Gate 14[heavy] as in MSFS with parking brake applied just to listen to ATC coverage.I later on had to go out and really thought i had disconnected from the server but obviously i had not,and i can only say sorry for that.

By the time i had come back the controller and the supervisor who were trying to contact me were both offline and i shut down SB4 before catching which specific supervisor it was..

but what i could not understand was that when i returned my aircraft is still sitting on Gate 14[heavy] LKPR with its hand brake on,and is no where near any runway that i can see.

but i found out later i was blocking a taxiway H

many regards Terry Macaskill

ID 1004042

Callum McLoughlin
Posted
Posted

Hi Terry

The VATSIM Code of Conduct states (A9):

"When logging on to the VATSIM.net network, a member is not permitted to leave his or her connection unattended for a period in excess of thirty (30) minutes. If a member is unable to comply with this requirement, then he or she must log off of the VATSIM.net network. A member who is found to be unresponsive for more than thirty (30) minutes is subject to immediate removal from the network. Members who are found to repeatedly leave their connections unattended are subject to the terms of Article VI. of the VATSIM.net Code of Regulations."

http://www.vatsim.net/network/docs/coc/

Hence you do not have to interfere with other aircraft or an airport's operation to be removed from the network. I believe this is why the supervisor may have contacted you, along with you blocking taxiway H (possibly scenery confliction).

Hope this helps!