You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sector and rwy configs question

Adrian Barnett 1037621

Adrian Barnett 1037621
Posted
Posted

At KPHL there's an East and a West Ops configuration. In both of those configurations, almost every sector own a different area of airspace at different altitudes. Just to show what im trying to say, here an image dipicting Philadelphia North Arrival Sector in both East and West ops. As you can see PHL_NA_APP owns completly different airspaces depending on what configuration is being used. Now based on that, will/can ES detect what operations you're running and determine what airspace PHL_NA_APP would own, [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming more then one controller is covering the airspace?

westvseast.jpg

i7-4770K CPU 3.5GHz / 32GB RAM / Win7 Ultimate / EVGA GEFORCE GTX780

Adrian Barnett 1037621
Posted
Posted
You can use the ACTIVE statement in your sector definition.

Ok, now just to confirm that goes where, in a sector definition?

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Anywhere after the SECTOR definition line and before the next.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Adrian Barnett 1037621
Posted
Posted

westvseast1.jpg

Ok so let me see if i get this right, just want to make sure im understanding everything here.

West Ops

SECTOR:NA:6000:8000

OWNER:[PHL_NA_APP]:[PHL_SA_APP]:[LOW_CTR]:[HIGH_CTR]

BORDER:LINE_A:LINE_B:LINE_C:LINE_D:LINE_E.......(all sector lines to define the sector)

ACTIVE:KPHL:27R

East Ops

BORDER:LINE_F:LINE_G:LINE_H:LINE_I:LINE_J........(all sector lines to define the sector)

ACTIVE:KPHL:09R

Please correct me if im wrong.

If i wanted the specific sector to be "active" for more then 1 configuration, do i need to make 2 SECTOR entries or can i simply add another "ACTIVE:KPHL:27L"???

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

you just add another runway

East Ops

BORDER:LINE_F:LINE_G:LINE_H:LINE_I:LINE_J........(all sector lines to define the sector)

ACTIVE:KPHL:27L

ARRAPT:KPHL .............(optional ..plus other airfields that you want to be active as well)

DEPAPT:KPHL .............(optional ..plus other airfields that you want to be active as well)

[PHL_NA_APP]? is this what is defined under the [POSITIONs] or does it have a 3 letter code ie; PHA for PHL_NA_APP

i have added below a sector for london Heathrow for you to have a look at

SECTOR:LLNTH_W:0:9500 [sector definition]

OWNER:LLN:LLS:LLF:LN:LS:LON [all the owners notice the codes ]

GUEST:LN:EGLL:* [if they are on may have control of aircraft flying throught the sector]

GUEST:LS:EGLL:*

GUEST:LON:EGLL:*

ACTIVE:EGLL:27L [what runways this si active for]

ACTIVE:EGLL:27R

BORDER:LLNTH_W:LLNTH_STH_W [what it borders to make the sector active]

ARRAPT:EGLL:EGWU [2 airfields that are used for arrivals for this sector]

non-discript self importance signature

Adrian Barnett 1037621
Posted
Posted (edited)
you just add another runway

East Ops

ACTIVE:KPHL:27L

ARRAPT:KPHL .............(optional ..plus other airfields that you want to be active as well)

DEPAPT:KPHL .............(optional ..plus other airfields that you want to be active as well)

Not sure why 27L or R would be "ACTIVE" in an EAST OPS configuration

Can you explain this to me. Did you possibly mean adding ACTIVE:KPHL:09L

[PHL_NA_APP]? is this what is defined under the [POSITIONs] or does it have a 3 letter code ie; PHA for PHL_NA_APP

PHL_NA_APP is the actual callsign of the North Arrival Sector at PHL that we use. And yes it would be defined under [POSITION], BUT AS 6N and not PHL_NA_APP

So normally this line OWNER:[PHL_NA_APP]:[PHL_SA_APP]:[LOW_CTR]:[LOW_CTR]:[HIGH_CTR]:[HIGH_CTR]

would look like this OWNER:6N:6S:A4:B3:A2:B4

Where: 6N=PHL_NA_APP 6S=PHL_SA_APP A4=NY_MXE_CTR B3=NY_ARD_CTR A2=NY_HAR_CTR B4=NY_KND_CTR

Edited by Guest

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

"Not sure why 27L or R would be "ACTIVE" in an EAST OPS configuration"

"Can you explain this to me. Did you possibly mean adding ACTIVE:KPHL:09L"

I had no idea what the runway were, this was just for example, the 2nd runway would be underneath

"OWNER:6N:6S:B3:B4" thats what I was on about with respect to the Positions

non-discript self importance signature

• 2 weeks later...
Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

West Ops

BORDER:LINE_A:LINE_B:LINE_C:LINE_D:LINE_E.......(all sector lines to define the sector)

East Ops

If i wanted the specific sector to be "active" for more then 1 configuration, do i need to make 2 SECTOR entries or can i simply add another "ACTIVE:KPHL:27L"???

The syntax seems to be correct. And yes, you can add more than one configuration to the file and activate the sector if any of them is active. When you add an ACTIVE statement to a SECTOR then you have two possibilities. If the RWY is active then this SECTOR will be used as any other normal one. If the RWY is not active then imagine if the definition would not be there. So one ACTIVE statement modifies only one SECTOR but not the others. Simply inactivating one sector probably menas that the are covered it now belongs to another one.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Adrian Barnett 1037621
Posted
Posted

West Ops

East Ops

The syntax seems to be correct. And yes, you can add more than one configuration to the file and activate the sector if any of them is active. When you add an ACTIVE statement to a SECTOR then you have two possibilities. If the RWY is active then this SECTOR will be used as any other normal one. If the RWY is not active then imagine if the definition would not be there. So one ACTIVE statement modifies only one SECTOR but not the others. Simply inactivating one sector probably menas that the are covered it now belongs to another one.

Thanks for the help, I think I've got it all figured out. Working on the Philadelphia TRACON portion of the NY files. Got MOST of the west ops in place and seems to be working like a charm =)