You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX Performance Question

Daniel Faulkner 1053629

Daniel Faulkner 1053629
Posted
Posted

G'day,

I bought a brand new PC last year with the following:

Corsair TR3X6G1600C9 6GB (3x XMS3 2GB) PC-12800 (1600MHz) XMS DDR3 RAM

Intel I7 920 2.67GHz overclocked to 3.4GHz

Nvidia GTX 275 896mb GDDR3

P6T SE motherboard

1TB HDD @7200RPM

Vista x64 bit

I was thinking about making the switch over to FSX and was curious if my computer could actually handle it as well as get some half decent frames rates. I am just don't want to make the switch over if it means being stuck with default scenery/aircraft and poor fps. So I was hoping some of the seasoned FSX users could give me a bit of an idea about what to expect.

Daniel

"All standard flights require one takeoff and one landing as laid down by the international laws of physics"

QFA158.png

Anthony Baker 1080999
Posted
Posted

http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx

That will give you an idea of how you specs match up to the recomened specs and what not.

ZAU S-2, Major Certified

ZAU S-1 Mentor

(Disclaimer: the post above does not necessarily express the opinion or stance of ZAU or ZAUs training program, this view is made by me and me alone)

7664.png

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
G'day,

I bought a brand new PC last year with the following:

Corsair TR3X6G1600C9 6GB (3x XMS3 2GB) PC-12800 (1600MHz) XMS DDR3 RAM

Intel I7 920 2.67GHz overclocked to 3.4GHz

Nvidia GTX 275 896mb GDDR3

P6T SE motherboard

1TB HDD @7200RPM

Vista x64 bit

I was thinking about making the switch over to FSX and was curious if my computer could actually handle it as well as get some half decent frames rates. I am just don't want to make the switch over if it means being stuck with default scenery/aircraft and poor fps. So I was hoping some of the seasoned FSX users could give me a bit of an idea about what to expect.

Daniel

Your computer will run circles around mine. I have no problems at all running FSX. I can't image you having any with your system specs.

My System:

• Videocard: GeForce 8800 GTS 320megs
    Processor: Intel Dual Core E2180 2.00GHZ
    Mainboard: Intel DG33FB (Chipset: G33/Intel 82801H - I/O Controller Hub [iCH9DH))
    Memory: 4G DDR2-533
    Soundcard: Blaster Audigy SE
    HD: 250MB HDD @7200RPM
    PSU: Antec SparklePower 2.0 400WT ATX

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Daniel Faulkner 1053629
Posted
Posted

Well thats a load off my chest knowing I will be able to keep up with the times without any change to my system.

Thanks guys

"All standard flights require one takeoff and one landing as laid down by the international laws of physics"

QFA158.png

Wycliffe Barrett
Posted
Posted

I setup an I7 PC only the other week for a member of my local Flight sim group. He had FSX with SP2 and the PMDG 747.

Admittedly there was no added scenery placed on the PC but with all sliders to the right (max) we achieved something like 150fps in all views.

We locked the Sim at 25fps (we humans can only see upto 24fps) and it was as smooth as silk with detailed clouds set at maximum, absolutely b*oo*y lovely.

The only thing I might suggest if you have a few bucks/pounds knocking about is buy a copy of Windows 7 and see your pc really scream.

Wycliffe

Wycliffe Barrett: C3 Controller

atc5o.png

"if god meant for us to fly, he would have given us tickets" Mel Brooks