You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice RX issue

Nicholas Carpenter 1124393

Nicholas Carpenter 1124393
Posted
Posted

Hi there, I have been having a problem receiving voice from some pilots while controlling. Everytime I log on I have this problem. They try and call me but nothing comes through my computer, not even an RX light. Then they call another controller to complain who sends me a pm about pilots trying to call me. And when I call them, then I am suddenly able to hear them. It's almost as if I have to break a barrier by transmitting before I can hear pilots. Some can call me fine, but most can't. And if I let the ptt rest for a while (in a quiet airport) then the barrier restablishes and they can't call me until I talk to them.

A very annoying problem for both the pilots and me; how can I fix this? Thanks.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

sounds like one of your ports is getting closed. never seen it with VRC but i have seen people have this issue sometimes with squawkbox.

search for UTT time out in the forum. the same fix might work for you

Jordan Krushen 1135174
Posted
Posted
And when I call them, then I am suddenly able to hear them. It's almost as if I have to break a barrier by transmitting before I can hear pilots. Some can call me fine, but most can't. And if I let the ptt rest for a while (in a quiet airport) then the barrier restablishes and they can't call me until I talk to them.

Some will disagree with me, but you could try forwarding UDP port 3290 from your NAT router to your VRC machine. Helped me out with similar timeouts.

8942.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
sounds like one of your ports is getting closed. never seen it with VRC but i have seen people have this issue sometimes with squawkbox.

search for UTT time out in the forum. the same fix might work for you

You probably mean UDP timeout.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

i typed it while saying it