You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Inquiry About CYUL Runwasy 24R

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I was told by CYUL controllers that there is freeware CYUL scenery offering 4 PAPI lights on runway 24R. Where can I find it please?

Thanks,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

wouldve been good info from the controller

you can try the walhalla website. if its uploaded somewhere then they probably have it linked, theyre good at finding them

http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php

theres an FSX section if you use FSX

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Those sceneries that you suggested are outdated by 3 years.

I need latest freeware CYUL scenery that has 4 PAPI lights on runway 27 according to Vatsim controllers of CYUL.

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted
Those sceneries that you suggested are outdated by 3 years.

I need latest freeware CYUL scenery that has 4 PAPI lights on runway 27 according to Vatsim controllers of CYUL.

Aharon

Hi Aharon,

I am not sure that 24R has PAPI lights in real life, so you may have difficulty finding scenery that has it. The same applies to runway 28 (not 27, unless that has been changed).

There is not a lot of freeware scenery for CYUL. The odd AFCAD, that is about it. You may want to consider BluePrint Simulations http://www.blueprintsimulations.com/ that does have a CYUL for about $15.00 or so. It may have what you are looking for.

Regards,

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

CYUL has PAPIs on 6R and 28.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Thanks Marc and Don,

When I was participating in CYUL/CYYZ event few days ago, CYUL controllers told me that there should be 4 PAPI lights on runway 24R.

Thanks, Don for letting me know that there are 4 PAPI lights on CYUL runway 6R and 28. Next time I fly to CYUL, I will ask for one of those two runways depending upon wind direction.

Can anybody explain to me how to find 4 PAPI lights indicator on airport charts so that next time I fly, I can ask for specific runway to land? I am having hard time finding such indicator or symbol to indicate existence of 4 PAPI lights on runways of any airport.

CYOW is another example without 4 PAPI lights unless FSX makes mistake.

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Why not land on runways that do not have PAPI lights?

There are some good tutorial in FSX itself (the learning center) that demonstrate on how to determine if you are coming in too high or to low.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3