You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Computer Problem-PLEASE HELP!!!

Graham Ritz 1049219

Graham Ritz 1049219
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

My computer has some freaking problem. I receive sound for about 10 min. Then this error pops up and I do not know what to do. If anyone knows any ideas, PLEEA[Mod - Happy Thoughts]SEEE help!

Here is a pic of what error pop's up.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt20 ... 1271201186

Graham Ritz

-ZTL Controller

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Graham,

Like I said in the VATUSA Forum, you need to re-submit the photo link.

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Hey guys,

My computer has some freaking problem. I receive sound for about 10 min. Then this error pops up and I do not know what to do. If anyone knows any ideas, PLEEA[Mod - Happy Thoughts]SEEE help!

Here is a pic of what error pop's up.

http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt20 ... 1271201186

Hi, Graham. While a picture is nice, the text that a user says with the picture is also invaluable. You’d probably be on your way having your problem resolved if you had actually described it in words. In the future, as a suggestion, you might consider starting out by a topic that describes your problem. The popup most likely said something in words. So you could have considered using the words of the popup (or something similar) as your topic title. This would have had a better chance of the topic being caught by someone having a similar issue who might have been able to quickly give you an immediate resolution that worked for them.

In conjunction with Harold’s suggestion (posting a link to your image that actually works) write down some of the text of the popup that you get along with some information about your system, with your followup.

You might mention things like:

• OS and patch level
  • Flight Simulator version and patch level
  • Pilot Client and version
  • Third party firewall/antivirus program
  • Sound Card brand and drivers (if you’re having a problem with sound).

I can’t tell from your message if you are having a sound problem or the popup has an accompanying sound.

By the way, the link you gave us goes to the front page of photobucket. If you preview your message just before you post it you can right click on any link you want to post and test whether it's working or not before you post your message. If the link isn't going to work, you might save time and space by not posting it (the link).

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

http://www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

• Not a regular post, but a special
thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

Larry, as I said before, you have the patience of a Saint! While I'm busy s[Mod - lovely stuff]ing myself off the ceiling with the flyswatter which I would use on the OP if he ever got close enough, you're busy sorting out his problem. You carefully didn't mention anything about the previous post he submitted, and the response he got from Harold (which he apparently ignored).

Well done. Now, where's that bottle of Laphroaig…

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted
You carefully didn't mention anything about the previous post he submitted, and the response he got from Harold (which he apparently ignored).

lol...there were two methods used here. I figured it would be easier to just tell him to re-link the photo, allowing me to more easily [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist by just seeing the error message. Larry's method is much more comprehensive, but I was just making it simple with the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umption that we'd be able to talk about it within the same time frame as the original post. I'm not trying to come off as rude or blunt, I'm just trying to help.

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
You carefully didn't mention anything about the previous post he submitted, and the response he got from Harold (which he apparently ignored).

lol...there were two methods used here. I figured it would be easier to just tell him to re-link the photo, allowing me to more easily [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist by just seeing the error message. Larry's method is much more comprehensive, but I was just making it simple with the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umption that we'd be able to talk about it within the same time frame as the original post. I'm not trying to come off as rude or blunt, I'm just trying to help.

Hi, Harold. I don’t think Alistair’s complement of my offered [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance meant in any way to minimize your valuable input. I might have misunderstood Alistair’s reference, but I thought he was kind of complimenting the whole reply including yours.

I thought he was suggesting that I was patient not to bring up the fact that the user had ignored your first suggestion and still doing the same.

By the way, many forums would probably scold the user for cross posting between forums. But of course, we at VATSIM have a lot of patience with people who haven’t learnt a lot of forum etiquette. We understand that we are often dealing with doctors, lawyers, pilots, controllers, businessmen and other professions who aren’t computer savvy, but just trying to have some leisure time.

My perspective is to introduce a little forum etiquette while offering [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance at the same time.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

sticky:

thread/message stuck to the top with special meaning… containing important forum information.

For FSInn/VATSIM issues, please test the FSInn Installation sticky and linked FAQ. It really works!

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
I'm not trying to come off as rude or blunt, I'm just trying to help.

And I absolutely wasn't trying to suggest otherwise! Just for the record. Forums (fora?) are great places for quick responses, and for exactly the same reason, they are great places for being misunderstood

@Larry, I couldn't have said it better myself! More power to your one typing finger…

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted
We understand that we are often dealing with doctors, lawyers, pilots, controllers, businessmen and other professions who aren’t computer savvy

Now that hurt...

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

Alistair, thank you sir! It's no problem. (Interestingly fora is plural for forum, but forums is also a word...you learn something new every day around here.)

Graham Ritz 1049219
Posted
Posted

I apologize;

The error is a GENERIC HOST PROCESS for WIN32 SERVICES. generic host process for WIN32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience.

problem.jpg?t=1272848321

Graham Ritz

-ZTL Controller

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
I apologize;

The error is a GENERIC HOST PROCESS for WIN32 SERVICES. generic host process for WIN32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience.

It appears to be an OS problem. If you're not running the latest patch (SP3 for XP) it might be repaired just by upgrading to the latest patch. This is the reason I asked you to include your OS and patch level with your followup.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Graham Ritz 1049219
Posted
Posted

Where do I find out the OS and patch info in my computer?

Graham Ritz

-ZTL Controller

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
Where do I find out the OS and patch info in my computer?

Click Start -> (right Click) My Computer (or Computer) -> Look for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7. Also look for SP1, SP2, SP3.

The Windows (and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated letter number or name is your OS/Operation System).

The SP(#) is the patch level (No SP, SP1, SP2, SP3, etc).

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

www.apollo3.com/~ljames

sticky:

Graham Ritz 1049219
Posted
Posted

It shows SP3

Graham Ritz

-ZTL Controller

Larry James 901346
Posted
Posted
It shows SP3

Your OS is Windows XP with the patch level being SP3.

The other information I asked for in my initial response is important to know also:

This current Thread my first reply:

viewtopic.php?p=355717#p355717

Since you’re already running the highest Windows XP major patch level you can’t go that route to patch your flawed system. My next suggestion will depend on your responses to the other information about your system… namely the third party firewall/antivirus programs.

Know immediately knowing the answer, I would recommend that you uninstall them, especially if you have more than one installed. Then only install one and see if you still have the problem.

Again, having had the responses to the questions would have made my next step more direct.

-- L. James

--

L. D. James

[email protected]

sticky: