You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATIS and Voice Problem

Josh Robnolte 845614

Josh Robnolte 845614
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

I searched some for this question and didn't find it online yet.

My problem is that I start to receive choppy audio after a short time of being logged in while having a voice ATIS running at the same time. However, if I disconnect the Voice ATIS the pilots audio will no longer be choppy.

This also doesn't happen right away. When I first sign on and start the ATIS it can be running and I receive pilot audio fine. After say 15 to 20 mins (usually after a period of inactivity) is when the pilot audio becomes choppy if the ATIS is also running.

Anyone have ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Josh

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Couple of questions:

1)Have you tried changing your sound input/output from direct sound to wave or vice versa?

2)Have you tried updating the drivers on your sound card or chipset?

It sounds like whatever is running your sound is running out of resources as the session goes on. This could be rectified by a driver update or by switching the sound output. If not, you may need to install a cheap sound card to take the load.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Josh Robnolte 845614
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the tips. The computer is new with up to date drivers. I am tweaking some settings with the firewall and such to see if that is an issue.

Josh