You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Dual Monitor Setup

Rob Killins 897126

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

My apologies if this has been discussed already. My searches failed me.

Can someone explain how to go about using Euroscope withtwo monitors? I have my two monitors set up, and ES recognizes that configuration with the little push arror in the top right. When I press it, it just moves my current instance of ES to the second monitor.

What I would like to do is get two views of my current session ... one on monitor one, the other on monitor 2.

I managed to do it, but I had to open another instance, but was unable to have both on one connection. How do you connect to the network with two instances?

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

I am continuing to have problems connecting to dual monitors.

I initiate one instance of ES with my preferred setting on my primary monitor, then start a second instance of ES, apply and apply my setting for that view, and push it over to the second monitor.

I am not sure if I am connecting properly ...

I press connect ...

Connection Mode: To VATSIM via proxy (???)

(What do I do about my login settings for the 2nd connection?)

Start Proxy Server (Server: localhost)

Status will then say Proxy Server is running.

Press Connect

ES icon at top left corner changes to three little computers joined by a green and yellow line.

Am I connected becuase if I am ... I am not getting any updated display ... no aircraft are showing up.

Please help?

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted

No No No.... your 1st instance is connected via the "Connect to VATSIM "(no proxy) as normal. You then opne your 2nd and connect it with "Connect to VATSIM via Proxy"....and your second will connect to the 1st via the proxy automatically.

Alain Verhaeghe 817811
Posted
Posted

HI, I have 2 monitors, 1 for APP, the other for ground.Open the 1st one and go to the connect set up dialog. You will see proxy connection, click on start proxy connection and on top make sure that connect to VATSIM ( no proxy) is selected but do not connect yet.

Minimise your screen and open ES a second time and this time choose connect to VATSIM via proxy and push it to your 2nd monitor.

Back to the first screen open ES then connect, then 2nd screen and connect, it should work fine.if your 2nd screen does not update it normally means you forgot to clisk on star proxy connection on your 1st screen. Have fun...

Once you save the set up on your profile it is done automatially for you the next time...

AlainV

Todor Atanasov 878664
Posted
Posted
HI, I have 2 monitors, 1 for APP, the other for ground.Open the 1st one and go to the connect set up dialog. You will see proxy connection, click on start proxy connection and on top make sure that connect to VATSIM ( no proxy) is selected but do not connect yet.

Minimise your screen and open ES a second time and this time choose connect to VATSIM via proxy and push it to your 2nd monitor.

Back to the first screen open ES then connect, then 2nd screen and connect, it should work fine.if your 2nd screen does not update it normally means you forgot to clisk on star proxy connection on your 1st screen. Have fun...

Once you save the set up on your profile it is done automatially for you the next time...

AlainV

If every thing is ok with his settings, all he needs to do is to open one instance, connect it and then simply open a second one. It will connect to the first automatically. The proxy server start automatically when you start ES.

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Not sure if this is active by default: make sure "Auto Proxy Connection" is checked in General Settings. Then the second instance will automatically connect to the first one, and you only have to connect your primary instance to VATSIM. Otherwise you have to manually start the proxy on your first instance, and then connect your second instance via proxy.

http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=General_Settings

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

Got it.

1st instance did not have "Start proxy server" started.

Thanks all!