You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Data transfer fsx URGENT!

Grant Calderon 1073067

Grant Calderon 1073067
Posted
Posted

Ok, vUSAF 158th FW. That is what VA and unit im with. I fly F-16C block 32. And in my spare time i do a little flying in the real world and am planning on flight lessons in the summer.

Ok enough of that now down to buisness. There are many barriers in FSX that have been overcome and i have seen them been overcome personally. The Aerosoft F-16 package wonderful peace of work. OUTSTANDING JOB GUYS! We have made a few modifications to the panel to make the aircrafts systems and avionics better. But still the same aircraft. NO ALTERCATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE TO THE MODEL. This was for our use only and none others. However many of you are probably wondering why on earth im telling you this. I have seen bombs with accurate computing systems in backround programs being released. You can see them in FSX and the scoring is high and the precision is well average. The bomb being used is the MK20 GPB a 500 lb can of whoop a**. I have seen vatsim flight in fsx multiplayer OMG is that even possible?? The bomb sight is accurately placed on the hud when the appropriate aircraft switches are thrown. The program will automatically calculate the bomb fall based on the bombs characteristics and the target position. The problem comes when we have to manually mark the target and go around for a shot at the target. This is risky because now we perform a highly dangerous (simulated) and unrealistic manuever. We needed a way to get the target coordinates ahead of time. We tried sending a flight out during red flag training to find and mark the targets for command to create missions using them. However command didnt want us using "red flag targets" and the coordinates given directly from the targeting computers were not flight sim format so it made it impossble to create sfp or fsnav fps. Instead of being able to attack targets accurately the bombs would be off by up to 400 meters or more. So i began experimenting with the idea for a killer scout. Or a pilot who jointly conducts a strike mission by relaying target coordinates accurately and having complete contact with the mission command. This will cater to every pilot in the 158th right now. In addition a joint strike operation can be conducted with more control over aircraft and liason between MAJCOMs.

Now the experimtents whent amazingly well the targets were hit but the problem was that the strike package had to wait on the ground or in the air burning fuel for the killer scout to get back or relay by radio or vvl the strike coordinates and target analysis. Pictures could be taken but not instantly relayed to commanders. We need a way to send this kind of stuff though the network so that our operations can go smoother and quicker. A sort of networking solution and not so much backround software we idely want to do it from inside the simulator inside the aircraft or through a plug in and if at all possible using simconnect or fsuipc. It need s to be a secure networking system so as not to tip off the opfor of our ops plans. (yes im being serious here). I am working under my own initiative so contact me and me only. I would like to have something like this done simplisticly enough so that it can be part of our flight training carriculum.

We need to be able to send data not only coordinate strings but also pictures (if possible) to individual computers or aircraft on the network again it has to be secure.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES

"you are now free to roam around the country"

Ryan Geckler
Posted
Posted

... um, what?

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

you might want to send this through your chain of command at the vusaf nothing to do with vatsim itself

Mark Keyes 1148574
Posted
Posted

What you're asking for, in the end, is more bandwidth. Even controllers with the best of intentions can't get that. I would work hard on a work-around.

pilot.ashx?ID=CXA435

Grant Calderon 1073067
Posted
Posted

Ok like i said im not going to send something like this through the chain of command because i have someone else working on it and two no one else will use it except the vANG. Second off i know there is a way to put data through from computer to computer on a network its been done.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES

Grant Calderon 1073067
Posted
Posted

What i am asking is a program or a guide to creating a way using fsuipc or simconnect or whatever to send data to another computer on a network. In a word im looking to do something similar to FSACARS but this time send it to another computer on the network.

Data meaning coordinates

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted
Ok like i said im not going to send something like this through the chain of command because i have someone else working on it and two no one else will use it except the vANG. Second off i know there is a way to put data through from computer to computer on a network its been done.

data from PC to PC is going to end up taking an additional connection to a server outside of vatsim. Its a lot more involved then you think its going to be. FSacars would be a good starting point but it's going to take a bit of tweaking to get it to do what you're asking

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Data sharing through SimConnect is very limited and limited to the MSFS switches, and if anything was possible, let's say you trick a switch with other values (like co-ordinates), even then for two acft to share the data through simconnect, you will have to be in a cockpit sharing session.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

• 3 weeks later...
Grant Calderon 1073067
Posted
Posted

well i have news you all this thing i have been wanting has been developed by our guy. So along with being cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ified he will probably sell it to you along with his other F-16 upgrades. i doubt it though.

SOUTHWEST AIRLINES

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Well, kudos to him and congratz to you since you now have what you were looking for!! Have fun!!

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Jon Bailey 940666
Posted
Posted

Grant

Next time you answer a question do you think you can be a little less smug about it. This program was developed in house for the use within our wing. You really shouldn't be advertsing what another member of the vUSAF is doing developmental wise. If that member wants to release it to the sim world he can, I'm sure he dosen't need you ansewering for him,

well i have news you all this thing i have been wanting has been developed by our guy. So along with being cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ified he will probably sell it to you along with his other F-16 upgrades. i doubt it though.
that answer makes you sound like a spoiled 5 yr old, I think you could have handled it a bit more professionally and tactfull. And please keep all software discussion in house please, Thank you.

Jon Bailey

940666.png

Luis Gonzalez 978209
Posted
Posted

Grant, you should listen to the other members that have posted a reply to your posting. Keep in mind that what you are talking about was for the use of ONLY 158th fighter wing with the virtual Air Force. Before you have posted anything concerning this topic you should have brought it up to me and specially Chris who has dedicated a lot of time on this. So everyone knows, this software if not for the use for anyone else but us.

Any questions you can refer them to me!

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted
Grant that answer makes you sound like a spoiled 5 yr old

That's unfair. From his original post I'd say he is at least eleven.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.

Richard Gerrish
Posted
Posted
Grant that answer makes you sound like a spoiled 5 yr old

That's unfair. From his original post I'd say he is at least eleven.

Richard Gerrish

Developer, STM Applications Group

Mark Keyes 1148574
Posted
Posted

I'm just relieved that the whole problem has been resolved now. And the programming was debugged and finished so quickly. And is now cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ified, so we can't even discuss it any more.

Unless maybe we want to buy a copy.

pilot.ashx?ID=CXA435