You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC on Mac OSX

Eric Bolt

Eric Bolt
Posted
Posted

So, first of all its good to be back on these forums, and to be an active controller once again. I can't wait to talk to familiar voices and control long lost friends. That being said I have a bit of an issue with VRC. As you can tell by the title i am running Snow Leopard (OS X) on a MacBook Pro, and considering that is my only computer, I obviously cannot use VRC.

Yes, I could go out and buy Windows for Mac, partition my hard drive and run VRC on the partition, but i'm not made of millions. It seems unfair to only allow users of PCs to use VRC. Apple as a company is on the rise and in my opinon macs are much better machines than PCs. But thats a different debate for a different time. All I am is asking is if there is some way of turning VRC into a Mac based program as well. There must be some way to turn the files into an apple format.

If anyone knows how to do this, or is willing to start looking into this project, I think it would attract even more people onto this every growing network.

Thanks guys, see on you on the scopes...hopefully.

Eric

Eric R. Bolt