You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Understanding Voice ATIS Setup Dialogue

Rob Killins 897126

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

I am in the process of customizing my voice ATIS for my controlled airport.

I have all the necessary recorded files working and they blend well into Text ATIS and Multiple Record ATIS editting box. I can manually manipulate the fields appropriately, however, I do notunderstand how to maintain my specified layout from one ATIS to the next.

It seems to always want to default to a specific layout that is much different than mine. Is it possible, and where, can I define the syntax of my ATIS message?

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

Thank you Todor.

Sadly, I have no idea how to use any of this. The instructions at those places are very vague. The download link provides only .wav files ... which I have. I have no understanding of were PHPscripts are, how to edit them, nor do I fully understand how the Voice ATIS dialogue setup works. All I know is that I can substitute my terms (insert item) in the order I wish them to be broadcast, and eliminate that information automatically generated I do not need. The problem comes from regenerating the ATIS messages ... all my items are replaced with the original, and the order goes back to the original.

Eg. [CYWGinfo] is the default item, which I wish to replace with [CYWGinformationat]. Everytime I generate a new ATIS, it reverts back to [CYWGinfo] and my layout is lost.

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

CYWG sounds like VATCAN ... did you check if there is an ATIS set from VATCAN available? There is at least a generic template for Canada in Uniatis, so someone should have the .wavs for that.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

I have wavs. No problem with the waves.

And yes ... there are "settings" in UniATISI've looked at them ... but how are they used? I'm sure they play an important role inwhat I want to do, but I have found no information on how these settings play in the application of the ATIS. There are no instructions on how to use the settings. The only instructions at UniATIS (that I found) is how to use the feature in Euroscope. And I know how to do that.

When I press the [TEST URL] button, the "default" sytax for the ATIS comes up ...

[CYQRinfo]B[observation at]1700[iLS][][departure rwy][][low vis1][transition level]110[wind]220[degrees]7[knots][visibility]1[thousand]5[hundred][meters][CU1CI1][sLP181][clouds][FEW]{8000}[feet][FEW]{30000}[feet][temperature]22[dewpoint]3[degrees C][firstcontact]B

Most of the [items] are not in my waveset, and I replace (or eliminate) them with my available waves. I also adjust the syntax to the way I want it. My version looks like ...

[CYQR Information]B[observation at]1700[,][iFR Approach Rwy][3-1][,][Arrival and departure rwy][3-1][,][wind]220[degrees][at]7[knots][visibility]15[statute miles][,][clouds][FEW]{8000}[feet][,][FEW]{30000}[feet][,][temperature]22[dew point]3[degrees][Advise ATC that you have information]B[.]

My misuderstanding of how to use this comes from when I update my ATIS by pressing the [TEST URL] button. When I do this with METAR changes, my message reverts back to the "default" systax. I don't want that. I want to use the version I wrote. Certainly I want to automatically update the variables.

My ATIS URL maker reads:

http://vacchun.hu/td/esmetar.php?tlcond=100,1013,110&metar=$metar($atisairport)&arr=$arrrwy($atisairport)&dep=$deprwy($atisairport)&app=ILS&par=1&info=$atiscode&lvp=2

... uncertain how to read this,nor do I understand how it is used in my ATIS message.

If someone can help me figure out how to the ATIS URL, and UniATIS settings and Eursocope Voice Atis Setup Dialogue work together, I might be able to resolve my problem.

Thank you all in advance. I hope someone can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist.

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Then it looks like you have the wrong wave-set. Your wave-set has to match the UniATIS setting. You should ask someone from VATCAN about that ... that's nothing we can answer here.

If your wave-set was correct, you would just have to tick the auto-update checkbox, start multifile playback and connect the ATIS.

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

For some reason I inadvertently started a new thread.

View the continuation of this thread at ...

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=49071

Sorry mods...