You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

My wav

Rob Killins 897126

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted (edited)

And where is the uniATIS setting?

As far as I know ... I am not using uniATIS.

My waves work fine when I manually update the ATIS. Something somewhere is telling the syntax to use [CZWGinfo] in the ATIS dialogue. All I want to do, is change it, and others, to reflect my file name [CZWG information].

My FIR at VATCAN doesn't support Euroscope ... I'm on my own as a pioneer with this. I would think someone who has working knowledge of Eursoscope would be able to explain how things fit together ...what is needed to do what, where the settings are, how the files are laid out, and how they all connect together.

Edited by Guest

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

http://www.uniatis.net/formats.php

There you can see the generic setup for Canada. And there is at least the CanScope Mod for EuroScope. If your FIR does not support it, try to ask someone who uses that. You should be able to find someone to help you out with that. Otherwise check the uniatis setup for canada. Maybe you won't have to change too much ...

Stephan Boerner

VATEUD - ATC Training Director

EuroScope Board of Designers | GVCCS Beta Tester

edff,euroscope,ger1oic,lhaoic.jpg

EuroScope Quick Start Guide

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

Thank you Stephan.

I see and have reviewed the format and setting for generic Canada at uniATIS.

My question again ... how do I use this? Where do these settings, formats go to be used by Eursoscope?

Maybe I won't have to change too much ... maybe not ... but I'll never know until I figure out what I have to look at.

Again ... i have a folder full of relevant .wavs (that work), and a .txt file (ATIS_CZWG) that is referred to in Euroscope's ATIS files descriptor. This .txt file has all the RECORD::.wav references

Are there other configuration files in Euroscope that need to be tweaked to reflect whatever settings/formats that uniATIS has docomeented?

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

Ah, sorry. missed that you were still using the hungarian URL.

try: http://uniatis.net/atis.php?metar=$metar($atisairport)&arr=$arrrwy($atisairport)&dep=$deprwy($atisairport)&apptype=ILS&info=$atiscode

Stephan Boerner

Rob Killins 897126
Posted
Posted

Hey Stephan ... thanks.

I think you figured out that I have inadvertently started this new thread in response to one I already had going. This was all supposed to be part of http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=49064

I will try substituting the url, but I don't believe that will resolve the issue. The information gathered by the URL is fine, and as such the variable information being included in the ATIS from this url is correct. It's the syntax of the message that I want to reformat using the [item] in my waveset.

Stephan Boerner 945550
Posted
Posted

That's not how it works. UniATIS or whatever other system you are using is generating the message. You can not change that, you have to use the appropriate wave set. That URL sends your information to the server, and the server sends back the complete ATIS. You can not change that, if you want to use the automated ATIS. So you should find someone who is already using uniatis in Canada and ask about the wave set, if you don't want to redo the set for yourself.

Stephan Boerner